News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

My brand new trail bike: f800GS-E

Started by Sportfaller, April 18, 2011, 08:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

well, maybe someday.....

but so far, I've ordered crash bars, skidplate, hand guards, seat, fairing (britannia composites, really badass, special ordered in white) http://www.britanniacomposites.com/mirage2.html

next decision: Bags.  I've narrowed it down to either Giant loop or wolfman expedition.  What are your opinions?
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

loingrader

wolfman makes nice stuff but i really dig the loop gear for a large rear bag.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Congrats!  Sounds like your trying to make it into a GS!!   ;D ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Dr Psyko

11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Hank

That is pretty cool!  I watched a world champ stunter clip on youtube today and he was riding a trick 800 too. 

So where are the pics of the new-to-the-Yeti GS?

The Yeti

Here's one....   ;D :D

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=623.0

I only got to ride for about 2 hours on Saturday...did about 45 mins off-road...new bike, must adapt!   NEEDS KNOBBIES!!!!

Thinking about Moab now....but which bike to take??????

jacin theis

Take the GS and ride out with us. We arent planning on anythinng that you would be worreid about on the big bike. Plus, Moab would be a great first big trip on you new (to you) bike.  :cheers
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

Quote from: The Yeti on April 18, 2011, 11:49:39 PM
Here's one....   ;D :D

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=623.0

I only got to ride for about 2 hours on Saturday...did about 45 mins off-road...new bike, must adapt!   NEEDS KNOBBIES!!!!

Thinking about Moab now....but which bike to take??????

Hopefully not like this!

:evil

Number Two

Quote from: loingrader on April 18, 2011, 09:52:56 AM
wolfman makes nice stuff but i really dig the loop gear for a large rear bag.

Just bought a GL coyote bag.  Pretty good deal really - free shipping, with 15% off using ADV69 coupon code.  motoadv.com

Sportfaller

here it is!!! put the first 50 miles on it in the rain today!!!

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

The Yeti

Awww.....what a cute little baby!   :evil  VERY NICE!

Now, get started making it look like the pic in your original post.   ;) ;D

Does that thing have an electric adjustable windscreen?  WTF? You'd think the 1200 would get one before the 800.

loingrader

that is the britannia composties fairing.  make em for klr650's too.  pretty sweet product.  i want to see you try to break it sportfaller before i drop the coin for one. 

my bike likes to take the occasional nap on the rocks. 

sweet bike though.  looks like that skid plate covers the delicate areas pretty well too.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

loingrader

i was hoping you wouldn't try to break that fairing so soon!

how did it fare in the get off?

Sportfaller

only the outside portion and the windshield were damaged, they are replacing the outside for $100, and I had already ordered and paid for a tinted screen. not too shabby in all.
Josh