News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab 2012

Started by jacin theis, May 24, 2011, 08:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

this was the video I was telling you all about!

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

jacin theis

so i really want to look at this next time we go. does anyone know specifically whrer it is located?
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Fletch

don't want to forget to turn the gas on for that one!!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

plumber mike

Quote from: Fletch on June 17, 2011, 11:45:52 AM
don't want to forget to turn the gas on for that one!!

Major pucker factor  :o

I'd like to check it out too :evil

Sportfaller

at the beginning you can see a road down off the side, and I'm pretty sure its potash....
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

The Yeti

Quote from: Sportfaller on June 17, 2011, 10:37:07 AM
this was the video I was telling you all about!

Yeah, that's just ca-razy! I saw a vid of that same saddle a couple years ago, and a still of it used to be on ADV's front page....I don't think I would ever have the balls to try that. Maybe 20 years ago.  :P
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

snooker

Quote from: jacin theis on June 17, 2011, 10:55:56 AM
so i really want to look at this next time we go. does anyone know specifically whrer it is located?
oh yeah Jacin??   :o    ..I checked around with my Moab desert freaks and found out it is Little Arch -there are mountain bikers that go across it as well!!!  G-N-A-R-L-Y.   You just have to be very comfortable with this type of riding, I'm not.

It is right on the Poison Spider trail http://www.mountainbikebill.com/ut-poisonspidermesa.htm, very doable on your 250 but doubtful on the 1200, considering the issues you had on Klondike Bluffs (sorry!)...   I'm talking the trail itself not the crazies that go over the arch!  There are a couple of tough sections to get up to the top that I've read are tricky - haven't been up there for a couple of decades at least. 

Specifically, Little Arch is at -109.5856, 38.5635 and here is a MAP: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/poison_spider_mesa/maps/map_big.gif

Oh yeah and Josh, the location of Little Arch is above the Potash road which is on the west side of the Colorado, what you see in some pics looking under the arch is actually the Kane Creek road on the east side of the Colorado, and specifically the parking lot at the start of the very exposed Moab Rim Trail...

oh what a place...
-map matt

jacin theis

so the weather right now is awesome in Moab. :'( Has anyone thought anymore about going again in the spring? I had a great time (could have been the company) and want to ride a smaller bike out there. I hope we can get a group together for this and plan a trip.
1100 GS

Bogus Jim

I'm interested in a spring trip. Actually I was wondering if anyone wanted to go in late October this year and do a fall trip.

JoniJo

It's on my bucket list. Let's git' er done!!!!    :o
Count me in.    ;D   JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

loingrader

so what days would most of the group plan to be in moab if we make this work in may?

if i ride out May 17 and ride back May 20 that would give me 2 days in Moab and 2 doable road days on the bike. 

boat.man, could you make this rally fit into your schedule? 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

JoniJo

Am I missing something?   ???
I see a lot of discussion a Fall Rally for 2012, but where's the discussion of our Spring Rally in 2012?    :-\

Missing something in Omaha..... Joni
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

jacin theis

Wow Joni, time does fly. We already had the 2012 Spring Rally, its now June and if you close your eyes very tight, its getting warmer each day. Oh, and in this dream, i have the Yami Tenere'.....  :D    I think no one want to mess with Yeti's spring rally as we kinda hijacked the fall one already.
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

Hey, I have a Tenere in this dream too.  ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

Quote from: JoniJo on October 11, 2011, 01:41:11 AM
Am I missing something?   ???
I see a lot of discussion a Fall Rally for 2012, but where's the discussion of our Spring Rally in 2012?    :-\

Missing something in Omaha..... Joni

spring rally is always the same weekend in june and always at the fish n fry so no discussion is really needed.

fall rally location is up for debate, so discussion is welcome!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro