Author Topic: Moab 2012  (Read 15721 times)

torgo

Re: Moab 2012
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2011, 10:10:03 AM »
Is there any update on the MOAB trip?  I am creating a schedule for myself of all the rallies and races I might want to attend this year and want to add this trip.  Dates?   :-\
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

torgo

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2012, 11:06:49 PM »
I'm trying to get my brother from Laramie, WY to join me in MOAB this year.  Who can suggest a good place to stay?  There are many places to choose from on the net. 

I would like one not to far from good food and where we can park the bikes and work on them if need be. 

I see some say " NO Maintenance Allowed"

Thanks

torgo

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »
Well its been pretty quiet around here.  I have a three free weeks in April, so it looks like April 13th thru the 16th for my MOAB trip.  Is that doable for anyone?  I have one who is in and I am working on another.

Let the planning begin.   :)

jacin theis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 06:33:16 AM »
I am interested as last year was a really great time. My issue is that i am trying to plan a 10 or so day trip that would take me hopefully into Canada or to the coatst. Not sure. anyway, April is a bit wearly to be crossing the mountains. Sportfaller is still mad at me for talking him into riding to Moabas early as we did last year. I agree we need to do some planning. I do know there was some concern about having it before school is out, as some wanted to include family. That also put it into soem heat in hte desert.

I hope you take the lead on the planning since you sound comitted, i am still not sure what i am doing this year. :P
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 07:03:26 AM »
I'm not mad at all ;D, thats what adventures are all about!  plus, the bike was broken in, and improvements made!

I'd be all about it, whenever, except that with my job I only get 2 weeks off, and I'll need that in september for my wedding/honeymoon. no long trips for me this year  :-\
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

flexlarson

• Gets easier up here. Come on
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:48 AM »
Ill be in Moab at the end of this month first part of next . :)  ;D
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
Easier up here Come on...

Wacked

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 04:52:15 PM »

Can't do Spring; Could do Fall.  Sounds good.

Wacked

torgo

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »
I am taking a new job in North Dakota next month so my April MOAB trip will need to be rescheduled.  Probably May or later in Sept.

jacin theis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2012, 08:55:51 AM »
So, this hasn't worked out like everyone though tit would while in Moab last year. I wonder if we should tlak about a fall trip when we get together at teh spring rally?  I woulod love to go again, but will have ot see how the summer shakes out. Any thoughts?
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2012, 11:21:26 PM »
Sure, we can talk. Thats on riding short list.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

plumber mike

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2012, 08:29:45 AM »
I still want to go too!

flexlarson

• Gets easier up here. Come on
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2012, 01:42:45 AM »
Ill be there the end of may . Likely stay for two weeks we are planning on riding the kokopelli and well have the RV.
We were there a month ago for a week and it was great riding.
Id be up for a fall meetup if you guys are gonna do something like that. U guys riding out?
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
Easier up here Come on...