News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab 2012

Started by jacin theis, May 24, 2011, 08:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torgo

Is there any update on the MOAB trip?  I am creating a schedule for myself of all the rallies and races I might want to attend this year and want to add this trip.  Dates?   :-\
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

torgo

I'm trying to get my brother from Laramie, WY to join me in MOAB this year.  Who can suggest a good place to stay?  There are many places to choose from on the net. 

I would like one not to far from good food and where we can park the bikes and work on them if need be. 

I see some say " NO Maintenance Allowed"

Thanks

torgo

Well its been pretty quiet around here.  I have a three free weeks in April, so it looks like April 13th thru the 16th for my MOAB trip.  Is that doable for anyone?  I have one who is in and I am working on another.

Let the planning begin.   :)

jacin theis

I am interested as last year was a really great time. My issue is that i am trying to plan a 10 or so day trip that would take me hopefully into Canada or to the coatst. Not sure. anyway, April is a bit wearly to be crossing the mountains. Sportfaller is still mad at me for talking him into riding to Moabas early as we did last year. I agree we need to do some planning. I do know there was some concern about having it before school is out, as some wanted to include family. That also put it into soem heat in hte desert.

I hope you take the lead on the planning since you sound comitted, i am still not sure what i am doing this year. :P
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

I'm not mad at all ;D, thats what adventures are all about!  plus, the bike was broken in, and improvements made!

I'd be all about it, whenever, except that with my job I only get 2 weeks off, and I'll need that in september for my wedding/honeymoon. no long trips for me this year  :-\
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

flexlarson

Ill be in Moab at the end of this month first part of next . :)  ;D
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

Wacked

Can't do Spring; Could do Fall.  Sounds good.

Wacked

torgo

I am taking a new job in North Dakota next month so my April MOAB trip will need to be rescheduled.  Probably May or later in Sept.

jacin theis

So, this hasn't worked out like everyone though tit would while in Moab last year. I wonder if we should tlak about a fall trip when we get together at teh spring rally?  I woulod love to go again, but will have ot see how the summer shakes out. Any thoughts?
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

Sure, we can talk. Thats on riding short list.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

plumber mike

I still want to go too!

flexlarson

Ill be there the end of may . Likely stay for two weeks we are planning on riding the kokopelli and well have the RV.
We were there a month ago for a week and it was great riding.
Id be up for a fall meetup if you guys are gonna do something like that. U guys riding out?
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..