News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fall 2011 DDSR Rally Location - BH or MOAB?

Started by The Yeti, May 31, 2011, 10:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

DDSR Fall Rally - September 15-18, 2011.

RESULTS:
BLACK HILLS - 1
MOAB - 4
BAJA - 1

Vote now! The final location will be decided 8 weeks before departure (July 21). Personally, l'm not even sure if I can make Moab work in Sept, but I would sure like to, so I'm voting MOAB!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

Tough for me to get more than a 3 day weekend for the rally so that would be a pretty short moab trip.

I'm sure my sister will want to go too and that would be quite a ride on the klx250.

There is no reason why it couldn't be both places.  If everyone went to baja I'd still have a blast riding in the hills and dreaming I was dodging big cacti and not spruce trees.

i vote the hills.   ;D

but i'd rather be in baja or moab.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

Man....I'd love to do Moab but I got other stuff going on in late Sept. We'll just have to see where my priorities are when the time gets closer.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

iceycold

Well I gota say Moab is a sweet area indeed, my wife has knee surgery in Sept so I won't be doing anything but being her retriever for about 5 week. With all that said Moab in September is one hot, hot place... like desert hot.
DL1000- 07 >gone but not forgotten<
R12RT- 08
DR 650- 09
for God sake do it before 2012

The Yeti

Quote from: iceycold on June 04, 2011, 11:04:57 AM
Well I gota say Moab is a sweet area indeed, my wife has knee surgery in Sept so I won't be doing anything but being her retriever for about 5 week. With all that said Moab in September is one hot, hot place... like desert hot.

Nice to see you back Icey!  Thought you fell off the face of the earth.....

excess

The Yeti

Quote from: excess on June 06, 2011, 01:57:48 PM
I vote MOAB!!!!!!!!

Whoa!  What's up Austin?  Thought you'd disappeared too!  You coming to the rally next week?

numb41

Me and the boys rode the east railroad buttes area several weeks ago.  The weather was crap but the place was AWESOME!  It appeared as if it was put on earth for the sole purpose to be ridden over.  I would love to go to MOAB, but I'm tellin' ya, we got alot of nice places right here.

jacin theis

Ok, where are the railroad buttes? i know "google it"......
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

The Yeti

excess

Quote from: The Yeti on June 07, 2011, 09:51:51 AM
I vote MOAB!!!!!!!!

Whoa!  What's up Austin?  Thought you'd disappeared too!  You coming to the rally next week?

Im going to try and stop out i got a busy work weekend with Wild Bill Days in deadwood.

The Yeti

Quote from: excess on June 09, 2011, 01:46:55 PM
Quote from: The Yeti on June 07, 2011, 09:51:51 AM
I vote MOAB!!!!!!!!

Im going to try and stop out i got a busy work weekend with Wild Bill Days in deadwood.

PUH-lease, you don't work!  ;D

Still got the 'Berg & the SE??

snooker

If you *DO* pick Moab, you might consider it a week or 2 later - it makes a big difference in temps sometimes...