News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2011-16 board operating costs

Started by Hank, July 28, 2011, 10:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

Thanks guys. Mariner how do you like your wr 426? I have a guy that wants to trade for my KLR and give me some cash.

Osnabrock

Yearly donation sent. 
Thanks all.
Remember to support the "board".
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Akunin

I'll gladly donate if the job comes through. I haven't seen anything regarding decals or anything that could promote the site, did I overlook it or has it not evolved to that just yet?

loingrader

We keep it pretty casual around here and with occasional donations from the regular users I think board operating costs are covered.  Correct me Hank or Fringy if we need more funds.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

As far as I know they are, but fringefan will have to confirm.

mitchn06

is the gmail account still the active account for donations?
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

Hank

I don't know the status of the operating costs, but I think that its covered until 2016. 

Chad and I have been discussing me taking over the hosting account, but we haven't gotten it done yet.   I'll know more at that point.

greatbuffalo

Hank, Are you now the sole owner of this site? If so please post or PM me with your paypal email so I can send you some $$ for operating costs.

Thank you for what you do!
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Yes, I own the domain / pay for it etc.

The service is currently paid through August 2016.    When I renew it, it is $6.99 per month, so $84 per year to run the site.  Cheap enough it seems, and certainly well worth it.

To keep it separate from my own funds / paypal, I set up a unique paypal account:  donations@dakotadualsportriders.com
That account will only ever be used for DDSR stuff, domain hosting primarily.

There is currently $20 in that account, so I suppose we'll have to raise some funds before long.   

If all the "regulars" threw in $10 or $15, we'd probably be good for another 2-3 years.

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?