News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The sign up thread - is gone!

Started by Hank, September 17, 2011, 06:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Not sure what happened.  At 4pm it was here, at 8pm it was gone.   The rest of the board appears to be intact though.

I guess if it was going to vanish, it picked a good time to do it as the rally is already in process.

greatbuffalo

Jonijo got hurt yesterday. She broke her leg/ankle. Thankfully my wife had come out and was able to take her to the hospital and stay there with her.
Her husband was out riding street bike at the time.

Just keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she will probably need surgery.

Other than that we're having a great time. Even picked up some nonmembers to ride with, 3 of them.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

JoniJo

Just so you know, I'm feeling fine. Hydrocodone works wonders. ;D
The thing that REALLY pisses me off is that I'm done riding for a while!!   :'(
I'll have to wait til we get back to Omaha to see whether they'll be putting plates and screws in my leg. Hey, Jeff's good with tools, maybe he can do it!!

A huge thanks to everyone who took care of me especially Great buffalo and his wife Ann. You people rock!   :-*

I'm kind of upset with Dave.... The least he could have done was take a picture of me pinned under the bike before he lifted it off. We'll talk about his priorities later.

One final note... I did get back on the bike and ride back to camp. No choppers for this chick!!!  ::)

Film at 11:00................................................................. Luv y'all, JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Lonesome Dave

Joni, I feel your pain.  I've been a month now in my "sling thing" and still have two weeks left.  Then rehab.  I lost a good part of summer riding and now I'm just hoping to get a little riding in before the snow flies.  I'm going back up tonight to see and hear about today's carnage.  Take care and remember....rehab, rehab, rehab.  :)  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

Ooooooh ....   

Joni, So sorry to hear about your mis-adventure!  Hope your healing is fast.

I'm with you Joni, if you're going to have a good wipe-out, it should look good on video!

All the best,

Brad

Dr Psyko

Joni,
A cast (sling LD), is  a badge of courage!!! Take it easy for awhile, and work on the story; you will get to tell it a few dozen times!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on September 17, 2011, 06:33:35 AM
Not sure what happened.  At 4pm it was here, at 8pm it was gone.   The rest of the board appears to be intact though.

I guess if it was going to vanish, it picked a good time to do it as the rally is already in process.

Soooo....I'm in my camper, looking at the site on my iPod. Everything's soooo small!  Hit the wrong button, then hit YES in whatever popped up - Sign Up thread go bye-bye.  :o

Sorry everybody!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

@ Joni -     Heal up fast.. hope you are feeling OK!

@Yeti-   LOL at least there is an explanation.   I was afraid we had some weird software or hosting problem.    The sign up thread had pretty much outlived it's usefulness by the time it happened, right?

greatbuffalo

Had an awesome time this weekend. Thanks to Josh, Gerry, Jacin, Snooker, Dave and Dave. Thanks for getting my big pig up to the top of Bear Mountain. What a freakin ride. I lost count of how many times to the El Tigre went down. Will be cleaning mud out till spring.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Hey does anyone have my tan camo lawn chair?  I forgot it last night.  I left it right next to Jacin's camper door under the awning.  I was hoping Jacin took it home.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

jacin theis

i have it Dave! i can try to drop it at your work before i leave town tommorrow, otherwise you can get after thursday night.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

jacin theis

I have the same share site set up as we did for Moab. Anyone can go in and upload photos if you like. thanks for sharing!  go to     http://ddsrfallrally2011.shutterfly.com/#n_3
1100 GS

snooker

Awesome weekend guys, I'll post some pics.  Thanks to everyone, especially Yeti and Josh for organizing, Jerry/Dave for food, and Brad Lackey who showed up instead of Malcom Smith this year (sorta)!   The Hills are awesome riding, especially the ATV trails south of Deerfield Lake.  The Hat Hill climb was a challenge, and I've some video of crazy Dan's Tiger being pushed up the wet trail to Bear Mountain lookout tower.  That was a classic!  Would be great to camp over closer to Deerfield IMHO, if an appropriate place can be found.  Going to work sucked after this weekend - that is a good sign of a good time riding (plus being sore for awhile yet)...

Heal up JoniJo....      Put out a missing person report on Plumber Mike, kinda worried he has lost his way home and is out there laying off of a curve in a ditch somewhere (maybe in his driveway?)...     Next time Mike!   peace out, -matt       

p.s. Endurocross in Denver, Oct. 1. 

jacin theis

i agree that we should look at something like the Deerfield campground or resort, there are a huge amount of trails near that area. wer spent a lot of time burning up the asphalt from Hill City to Deerfield.

It was a great weekend. were is everybody photos? i have a share site up....see above.

Joni. let us knowe how you are!!

thanks to Yeti and Gerry for all the food!
1100 GS

boat.man

Hey there, This is Steve on the KTM! I wanted to thank everyone for your hospitality last weekend! we had great fun riding the Black hills for the first time! I want to thank Jason for the use of his tools after i bent my rear brake lever and Josh, Dan,Dave. Joni i hope you heal up quickly! I took a lot of pictures of the weekend and here is the link if any one wants to take a look.

http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/boat_man/Black%20Hills%209-14-11/

Thanks again, ride fast ;D