News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2012 fall rally location

Started by Sportfaller, September 21, 2011, 08:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

There was a lot of talk about "heading west, young man" for the next fall rally, getting away from having to run deerfield twice a day to get to the good riding. So..... I nominate Deerfield Lake resort to be the next location. http://www.deerfieldlakeresort.com/  I'll stop by sometime and see if they do group rates.

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

The Yeti

Nice! But the NO DOGS ALLOWED thing will not go well with Mrs. Yeti.....
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

jacin theis

yea, thats lame! maybe with the late date of the fall rally, they could make an exception. i do think the location would be really great to get to the good riding. there is a gate out of the camp that goes to miles of incredible trails. closer than those at the KOA.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Lonesome Dave

Last spring our group stopped there for gas and food.  The owner, after hearing about our group, was very interested in accommodating us (including group rates) for a future rally.
Just a suggestion, maybe we should consider this place for the spring rally.  At this higher elevation the nights might be pretty cold in the fall for the tent guys. Lonesome Dave 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

I was hoping that at some time we could get further south. Not sure waht the Hot Springs area has to offer in the way of trails and what not but I was hoping that the South loop that has been discussed would have been on this past weekends plan.

A change of scenery would be good.

That all being said........I'm always up for anything. I'm not real picky.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Dr Psyko

I agree with Dave (LD). Very kind and accomodating to us grubby, dusty, talkers. Nice place and fun riding.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

cman60

Quote from: The Yeti on September 21, 2011, 10:42:41 AM
Nice! But the NO DOGS ALLOWED thing will not go well with Mrs. Yeti.....
Stopped there during the Sturgis Rally. Nice place. The gal running the campground said it will be under new ownership by November, maybe they will change the dog rule.
Every day is a good day to ride, just some are better than others.

Hondaboy

If you need anything that our dealership could help with please contact me. I would like to get our store involved with these type of events.

Johnny
Outdoor MotorSports
605.642.7731 ext 111
parts@outdoor-motorsports.com
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Sportfaller

Thanks Johnny! looking forward to meeting you!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Bogus Jim

I was reading a short ADV ride report on Wyoming & Black Hills and was surprised to see a picture of Cheryl (owner of Deerfield Lake Resort). Towards the bottom of the page.

If any of you guys stop by there this fall, be sure and tell her that she's famous now. Ha.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16407525