News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New to me 141hp Dual Sport

Started by Wacked, September 25, 2011, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacked

Yea  -

Thats right.......   1/2 is "sport" and 1/2 is "touring".  I reckon that classifies as dual sport. 

Really, it's an attempt to get my wife out on a bike more.  She doesn't hate it, but she does like to be "comfortable".  Just drove it back from Minneapolis yesterday.  Has 6100 miles and is CLEAN.  Was rarely ridden so the carbs were gummed up.  Threw some Sea Foam in and new gas.  Had a new bike on my hands every 50 miles.  By the time I got home, she was running sweet.  I bought it thinking It would have to go the Triumph dealer for a cleaning but I might get lucky.

Wacked

Wacked

Ooops ......

Don't know how to fix the photo???

It's a '98 Triumph Trophy, British Green with Stock bags.

She goes!

Hank

Awesome bike, congrats!  In the same vein as the blackbird, which is a good thing!

You better come along on next years Ozark trip!

greatbuffalo

Another Triumph in the group. Rock on! very cool ride.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

you do still have hte Transalp though, right? i am not sure that Triupmh will carry you on the trails when you finally get here.....
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Wacked

Jacin -

Still got the Transalp.  Might sell it; might keep it.  I love it on gravel.  Will probably keep it off the single tracks that all you locals are keen to show me!  I'll bring out the DRZ for that.

Each day, I'm liking this Trophy more.  Can't wait until this winter when I can spend time doing some mods to get it dialed in.

Wacked

Hank

A big, comfy, stupidly fast road burner is truly wonderful.  Every time I ride my bird I'm reminded of why I like motorcycles so much and why I first got hooked 25+ yrs ago.

I'm serious about a trip next year if our schedules mesh and you have interest.

Hank

Oh and you should post more pics.. big.. non-sideways ones :)

jacin theis

better yet, a shakedown ride to the Black Hills. We have plenty of room for ya and my bike will be back together by the weekend (i hope)......
1100 GS

Wacked

Hank -
Oooooh.  That sounds fun!  I'm interested and loved the 1 time I traveled through that region in a cage.  Let's revisit this idea in the Spring, by that time I'll have a better handle on my new work and living situation in Billings.

Jacin -
No Black Hills shake down ride this weekend ......  Bummer. 
What's busted up on your bike that you have to put it back together?

Wacked

jacin theis

apparently, my 25 years of washing at the carwash caught up with me. I am replaceing a Hall effect sensor after a bit of tender loving care for the bike. No more washing, just riding and abusing....
1100 GS

loingrader

was it the sensor or the wiring?  often those wires lose insulation and get corroded from living in all that engine heat for so many miles.  sometimes the hall sensor is fine, just needs fresh wiring soldered on.

just trying to save you some coin.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro