News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Off Road Sidehack for my KDX

Started by torgo, October 01, 2011, 10:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agspecialties

I was well into building a sidehack for a friend about a year ago. It was to be a bike hauler hack. So he could haul his flattracker to and from the racetrack. But he decided to blow his head off with a .45 instead. SO, I have a sidecar chassis and a good amount of the mounting hardware here.  I also have a small boat, 6 foot long, that I was going to fix up and mount on it so that a person could use it as a hack, but then remove and go fishing with the boat. With a bit of subframe construction it wouldn' tbe a bad way to go, boat and all, on your GS.  I have way too many projects as it is, I know I'll never get aroung to finishing it up.
[/quote]

Hey Lee, do you want to get rid of that subframe that you have built??

Lee Bruns

the subframe was for a CB900C and I have it sold already, but the basic hack frame, suspension and  a good portion of the arms are still here. Its modular so the final design depends on what bike you'd put it all on.

agspecialties

Lee Bruns

It'll be this weekend before I can take any photos. Its dark by the time I get off work.

agspecialties

look me up when you get some pictures.

jacin theis

I hope one of you got that craigslist hack. i was out of town, saw it this morning and of course its gone. Can you post pics of the subtframe you have started? and the boat? i might be interested in that. Mike needs a bike with track too ;D
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Lee Bruns

I have photos now, What email addresses need them sent?
The box is 1/8 inch thick 2 by 2 box steel.  Additional stiffening would be added after the suspension location is pinned down. the suspension gets welded to the plate then clamps onto the box. Slide it to get the wheel stagger located correctly, then clamp down permanently (Maybe add a spot weld or two even). The boat is jsut a basic hull, My plan was to add a bowand windshield then beef up the stern for an electric motor mount, and add a bench set and oar locks. A good project for someone that only has one thing on their plate.

agspecialties

You can send them to
aaronbeckman@conpoint.com

jacin theis

I repied to you IM, did you get it? jacintheis@gmail.com   thanks.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Lee Bruns

replied to both, and got photos attached to my post above also.  . . .if it worked.