Maybe the last nice weekend- Riding the weekend of 10/22-10/23

Started by Sportfaller, October 17, 2011, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

Looks like the temps will be in the mid 50's, getting rain today to settle the dust, little lady is going out of town....

SO:  who wants to ride this weekend? Where?
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

jacin theis

i was thinking the same thing. i thinkn i can make anytime work. I really want to check out the trails near 44 and 385. new singletrack, BUT i am up for anything. let me know.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

I'm open for whatever too, I have both days open so far. Sunday is looking like better weather, but a significantly higher chances that I'm incredibly hungover. (the fire chief here is having a birthday party for his cactus Charlie, long story :-\)

dont know if I'm up for single track, my 800 is long and wide.  I did fix my low pegs/bent shifter though!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

jacin theis

if you and the cactus can't keep it together enough to be able to ride on Sunday, then lets ride Saturday. Dotnt get to touchy feely, they have spines..... :D
1100 GS

Sportfaller

Josh

jacin theis

I am up for either day. If Sunday is the better eather lets go rof that. Is anyone else going to be avaialbe either day??
1100 GS

Sportfaller

you have plumber mikes cell number? send him a text, he is overdue on his debts to the riding community. I'll send yeti a text too.  BTW, i found flannigans cabin, we turned around near it on the 606 road, the really long hill with the dead end.
Josh

plumber mike

Whoa! am I ever overdue for a ride....and it just so happens that my new cell phone finally arrived, so I can accept text msg invitations

I've been cheating on the dirt, as my new to me Magna just eats asphalt :evil.

I think the Xbike still runs ???

jacin theis

1100 GS

JoniJo

I'd like to join you but my bike, it's like....you know....GONE!!!!!!      :-*      Joni

P.S. You're not going to get rid of me that easily!   ;D
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Hank

Quote from: plumber mike on October 20, 2011, 05:44:55 PM
Whoa! am I ever overdue for a ride....and it just so happens that my new cell phone finally arrived, so I can accept text msg invitations

I've been cheating on the dirt, as my new to me Magna just eats asphalt :evil.

I think the Xbike still runs ???

Magna?  What Magna?  Lets hear about the Magna!

Sportfaller

Heeeyyyyy Mikes back!

Its looking like I'm going to go east to shoot some birds whatever day we DONT go riding, but I'd like to get a consensus so I can situate my schedule.

Sunday has better looking weather...  where are we going to ride? can the route include some sugar shack? I have a hankering!
Josh

jacin theis

Hunt saturday, ride sunday. i will ride the WR since you dont like my "dualsport" tires on the GS. So less tarmac, more dirt..... we can explore whatever you think the 800 is up to.
1100 GS

Sportfaller

Josh

Lonesome Dave

I'll probably join in, as long as its not too rough.  Still nursing my shoulder.  I just heard of a new place up in "moon" country called Summit Fire Tower.  That might be fun.  Anybody have meet times or place.
Older - Wiser - Faster !