News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Farmingdale: we need to make the trip!

Started by Sportfaller, November 09, 2011, 09:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

I dont know why, but I've been having the urge to get out and try some new area, other terrain, you know, something new. We used to ride ATV's in farmingdale all the time, and I remember a few nice loops and lots of room to mess around. when the weather warms up some, who would want to go out for a day?

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Fletch

I would probably go? what type of riding do you want to do? I just need to know whether to ride the 990A or the 300XC-w...
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

jacin theis

Me too! We like to take the kids and the camper out there and make a day of it (only happened twice), there is a lot to expplore. I would love to see the 800 do the big hill climb :evil.  Let me know. We could so a DDSR cookout.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

That would be fun depending on weather I'm workin or not.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Sportfaller

dunno about the BIG hill climb.... I'd get stuck on the rim with the long wheelbase and lowish clearance
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

plumber mike

Quote from: greatbuffalo on November 09, 2011, 08:40:56 PM
That would be fun depending on weather I'm workin or not.

I would probably still have fun even if you were working :D

A day trip with family and food sounds like fun. I'll bring the Magna for the hillclimb. It's got a skidplate now :evil

greatbuffalo

Mike, Your a funny guy ;D no.....realy, you are. ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

This looks pretty cool. Tight, but I bet a 1100 GS with new purple shocks could make it, eh Jacin?  ;D

We should do a group ride out here this spring. Farmingdale's probably already dry. I was out to Rockerville this afternoon and trails were rideable, just a little muddy in places.

Lonesome Dave

I was out there a couple of weeks ago.  It was crazy busy (at least for me) but I eventually found trails where no one else was around.
I also was the only one that rode there, played around, and rode back.  I went to the west about 10 miles to the area of "Thompson Butte."  It was fun.  I did hear that you can actually go to the east and end up on "Base Line Road" that runs along the Cheyenne River.  I think that would be a neat ride.  I haven't looked at the map to see if possible without being shot at!  Anybody know?  LD  :-\
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

Farmingdale does get very busy on spring weekends. I guess lots of folks get cabin fever over the winter, they want to get out and ride, before the BHNF trails are thawed and open.

I have ridden Base Line Road once or twice, starting from Rapid Valley. It is scenic, worth riding if you want to kick back on a Sunday afternoon and ride some gravel. If you ride east of Farmingdale you will run into Creston road. Not sure how you'd get from there, north to Base Line, it looks like all private land to me.

jacin theis

i think it looks easier than Pilot Knob. As long as you don't look down. defiantly a mental aspect to that one.  I think i would have to watch someone do it first, unless you think the shocks will make it all ok......
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Lonesome Dave

Jim, I kinda messed that up!  Your right....I meant Creston Road.  I think the only way to get to Base Line Rd is via the Cheyenne river and a canoe.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Sportfaller

77 degrees on sunday, anyone want to go play?
Josh

Bogus Jim

I can probably make it out for a few hours Sunday.

Sportfaller

I talked to plumber mike tonight, he is in too, I think the plan is to meet at bacon park at ten, unless folks want you meet at 9 at millstone.... Breakfast after a green beer binge?  I'll need to be back in town by fourish, but that should be plenty of time.... Who else is in? Yeti?

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone.
Josh