Farmingdale: we need to make the trip!

Started by Sportfaller, November 09, 2011, 09:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

I might be in....let you know tomorrow.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

plumber mike

I didn't read Baken Park in the text. I just heard Bacon :eat

My little boy has a birthday party to go to in Rapid with his mom on Sunday, so I'm a free man.

Let's see what happens to a low fender in farmingdale mud with fresh Michelin T63's :evil

Lonesome Dave

I will probably make it.  I've got some plans in the afternoon, but still could go for awhile.  However, I might end up going to Gillette to look at a V-strom and/or a 650gs in Hot Springs.  Not sure what I might do....I like them both!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Sportfaller

Shouldn't be any mud, it was dusty last weekend. What are the opinions on breakfast? 

I was thinking today, that sunday mornings at 10 is when the bmw club meets at pauly's, I'm sure they would be interested to see what bikes that get ridden look like!;D

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Bogus Jim

I wouldn't mind meeting for breakfast. I guess I'd better hose off my boots if we're going to dine indoors, they have about 5 lbs. of Wyoming mud from last weekend. I will leave the mud on the bike, it looks cool.  :P

Osnabrock

Jealous.
The good news is that I just signed a remodeling project in North Central Minnesota for the summer.  I'll be staying at the jobsite close to the forest trails. 
Most of the forests around here are still closed.  Word is that the DNR opens up the forests 2 weeks after the frost lifts.
Some motocross tracks are open but that's not really my thing yet. 
I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!!!!!
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Fletch

Pretty sure I have kid duties all weekend, but if I can sneak away I would love to go!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

The Yeti

I'm mostly in. Eager to show up at the beemer breakfast. Where's Pauly's??

Only reason I'm hesitant is because my tires are pretty shot, could maybe make it through one more ride though.   ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

plumber mike

Yeti- I'm not going to get my new meats spooned on either :-\ I wanted to save them for the spring rally anyway. I seem to remember myself saying " If I had better tires I could keep up with this Sprout guy :D"

I don't really wanted to push it too hard too early in the season.

Like Osnabrock says " I'm not ready for Motocross........yet!"

......and I've got a wasted chain and sprockets if that makes you feel better :-*

Sportfaller

Taking it easy is good, no need to trash things first good weekend out of the gate.

Paulys is the sandwitch/coffee shop by little cesars, across from culvers, they have good coffees and caramel rolls, if that is where we want to meet.

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

plumber mike

Sportfaller

9 at paulys, I may or may nor be severly hungover

Josh

plumber mike

Osnabrock

"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Bogus Jim

I forgot my camera this time. Josh had his GoPro running so maybe he'll have some video later. Yeti and Plumber Mike didn't make it so was just Lonesome Dave, me and Josh.

We rode around Farmingdale for a while and then looked for a trail over to the Cheyenne River. I thought we would hit a bunch of dead ends out there, but it was pretty straight forward, actually. According to the GPS track, the trail is 9.7 miles long. All double track, all dirt.

After reaching the Cheyenne, we headed southwest towards Hermosa and then hit Teepee Gulch on the way back to Rapid. I couldn't believe that trail was clear of ice and snow, this time of year. Even the water crossings were probably only 6-9" deep. I feel like the riding season has officially started, now that we've ridden a "real" BHNF trail. I think Josh had some throttle problems on this trail as his bike kept accelerating wildly and spinning the tire.

Weather was perfect. It was a nice "warm-up" ride to start the season. And there were no crashes.  ;D