News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Lets start planning

Started by Hank, November 27, 2011, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Probably a bit early for this, but winter is long and we need something to look forward to!

agspecialties

Sound good for me. Fish and Fry again??

The Yeti

Not a bad idea to start the planning early - then most people can block off the dates. Of course, FnF again for the Spring Rally as always! As the date gets closer, I'll contact Gary & Michelle and set it all up.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Bogus Jim

Lonesome Dave

Jim you always make me laugh!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

JoniJo

Count me in......

Just bought a 4.7 gallon Clarke fuel tank in white , a billet rear luggage rack and a nice skid plate for the XR650.   ;D

READY TO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!   8)    JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

toadl

Just Joined Forum because I wanted to attend this ride. 
I'm usually wrong

Dr Psyko

Joni, I knew the "new" bike was only for a different platform to farkle!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

JoniJo

Let's see..... The "new" 1997 XR650L.... ;D

New Renthal Bars....
Aluminum luggage rack....
New Acerbis "clean" rear fender. I think I saved about 6 pounds.
Went one tooth down on the front sprocket....
New grips...
Totally tuned including opening the airbox, removal of "smog" stuff and rejetting.....
Seriously heavy inner tubes front and rear
Had an inch removed from the seat foam....
4.7 gallon Clarke Tank with Honda OEM graphics....
New fork boots.......
New skid plate.....

Pictures to follow......             

Cannot wait to see all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!            JoniJo   8)

P.S. ............and very durable boots to ride with!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

jacin theis

+1 for the boots!  So many coulda shoulda's that day ;).    Glad your still with us.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

toadl

A good way for me to be able to attend this Rally is to bring my Family.  Renting a Cabin.  So is the plan to Start on Thursday and end on Saturday this year?  I noticed last year it was Friday to Sunday.  Is there a good place for a PW50 to ride near by?  I'm guessing the FishNFry does not encourage little kids riding around.  I should let you know, the PW50 is not my ride, its for my kids.
I'm usually wrong

loingrader

about half show up on thursday.  most everyone is there by friday.  about half the folks ride on sunday and the other half leave sunday morning or before. 

you don't need to go very far to get to dirt roads.  a little farther to easier trails but within minutes for sure.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

JoniJo

Welcome toadl!   8)
Hope you attend. The group has the greatest people and all levels of trails. Look forward to meeting you and your family!     JoniJo  ;D
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

toadl

:)I just reserved the TrailLite RV for my family (June 21st - 24th).  It's in the same area as everyone else plus it has a bathroom for the kids and my wife. 
Hopefully another biker friend will be coming with us.
Fish n Fry didn't know we were coming yet so I informally gave them notice.
I'm usually wrong

Hank

An RV sounds like a good plan.  The FnF does have decent facilities, and the cabins aren't bad, but I'm sure the fam will appreciate your own space.   Looking forward to meeting you!