News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2012 BLACK HILLS MOTORCYCLE SHOW OFFICIAL THREAD

Started by Sportfaller, January 24, 2012, 07:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, The time has come to show off our bikes in a sea of chrome and metal flake, fat tires and ape hangers. 

Thats right! DDSR at the Black Hills motorcycle show, April 14th and 15th at the Rushmore Plaza civic center.  I've talked to Clay, the organizer from Black Hills Harley, and they are excited to have us there, and they even added a judged class just for dual sports. 

I figures we could get all the DDSR folks together in a group area and really make a nice display, complete with a few tents, a fake camp fire, and our bikes.  I've attached the entry form, which needs to be completed and returned with the entry fee ($30 if you want your bike judged & the T-shirt) by MARCH 17.  I have marked DDSR on the entry form so we can all be placed together.  I plan on having a banner made, maybe with the logo I made a couple years ago.

Jacin and I were debating weather clean or dirty bikes, loaded down with everything for a long trip or stripped for trail use, and just how to best show off our rides.

SO.... If you are interested, please reply with your name, number and type of bike, and any ideas you have for our display. I'll start an official list below:

1. Josh Van Vlack (AKA Sportfaller) - 2011 BMW F800GS
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Fletch

If a 990 Adventure R would fit in mine is available. Unfortunatley it still looks pretty new, I haven't broken it in properly yet? IF you want it give me a call @ 381-4247 if not that's fine too :)

MIke
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

jacin theis

SO.... If you are interested, please reply with your name, number and type of bike, and any ideas you have for our display. I'll start an official list below:

1. Josh Van Vlack (AKA Sportfaller) - 2011 BMW F800GS
2. Jacin Theis (AKA Jacin Theis) - 1998 BMW R1100GS plus one Nomad tent if room 605-545-1658
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

I'd love to have the 990 Mike, those things are saweeeet!  I'll put you down!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Are you guys going to wear your pressure suits to the show? The chicks might dig it. Or they might think it looks stupid. Probably the latter.

My pressure suit has a kidney belt that wraps around the front. You can cinch it tight and hide your gut, works great for public appearances.

Dr Psyko

I think you guys are going to have too much fun, and be way too popular. Might get carried away and let some undesirables in. Maybe we should start selling t-shirts (spokesmodels)?
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Lonesome Dave

Hey, count me in I'll help in whatever way.  I don't know how much space we have to work with, but my 07 KLR with pelican cases and a few farkles is available.  Also my (new to me) WR250R is still all pretty and shiny (1100 miles).  It doesn't matter to me if any of my bikes are used or not, and I don't care about the contest.  No matter what types of bikes we include, I think we should have a couple of smaller ones maybe even a TW200.  Also, if your doing the camping scene, I have a little Honda CRF 50 with training wheels (so it won't tip over on kids, they can just sit on it).

No matter what we do in the display, I think we need to have Plumber Mike's road warrior.  It should get trophy for at least "most abused."  LD

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Dr Psyko

1 vote for the Barbie Bike, another for Plumber Mike's Bimmer, Osnabrock's KLR, Lonesome D's DRZ, Bogus's WR, Jacin's GSA, what am I missing? Oh yeah, the Buffalo's Tiger (only if dirty). Somebodies nine fiddy.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Sportfaller

hmmm, I was hoping to edit the original post with the folks who were in, but its not looking like it will let me edit....

Guess I'm used to ADV.

Mods, any help?
Josh

greatbuffalo

I'm in with the beatup Tiger. I'l try to get good and dirty before the show. I'm not interested in being judged, I'll save that for folks I ride with.

I'll be coming in from out of town so a couch to crash on may be needed. Think I'll bring my kid out for this one too. He's getting into the business, this would be good for him.

Maybe we can Lonesome Dave's KLR (some to be his) ready by that time.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Should be a Modify link on the upper right of your post.
I checked the permissions and everyone can modify their own post.
If it doesn't work, let me know...

Sportfaller

Josh

greatbuffalo

Wow. I don't think I was awake when I posted my last post. I meant to say:
Maybe we can get Lonesome Dave's KLR, (soon to be my son's) Ready by that time.

Jacin, Thanks for invite for the use of a bed. I appreciate it.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

I'm going to try to make it to the show.  Probably won't bring bike or gear, but I'll come help with the booth and perhaps the emptying of some cocktail containers afterwards.