News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2012 BLACK HILLS MOTORCYCLE SHOW OFFICIAL THREAD

Started by Sportfaller, January 24, 2012, 07:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

So i may have dropped the ball on the reminder.... but the entry form listed March 17th as the last day to turn in entry forms to recieve the free T-shirt. (Not that I care to have a harley shirt).  anyway, i think we can still send in our applications, but I think we best get them in by the end of the week.  Who all is interested still?

I'll go to conrads sign this week and check on the cost of having a banner made, do we want it to look like the sticker i drew up a while ago?

For those in rapid... should we meet up for a couple beers and decide how we want our booth to look?  what kinda stuff we want to bring, etc?

bottom like I guess.... are we still doing this?
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Fletch

I will help out if there is interest (and you want my help) doens't matter to me if you use my bike or not. A few beer planning session sounds like a good plan to me..

Mike
(605.381.4247)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Sportfaller

Thanks Mike!  help is good, hopefully we can round at least 5 or 6 up!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

jacin theis

I am still in. Let me know when you want to meet. I wil try to make it. I dont need anyone judging my bike, except this lot here.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

Jacin, I think you still have to send in a registration if you dont want judged, so they hold a spot for you....
Josh

greatbuffalo

I'm still in for the weekend. Has anyone decided what we want to do? I'm planning on bringing the Triumph, the new to Me (Lonesome Dave's former) KLR and my Kids KLR250. I can motify the herd according to how much room we have. Do I need to register even if I'm just bringing the bikes for the booth? Can we get some T-shirts made up for this too.

I'll be in town the weekend of the 31st if you want to plan something before that weekend.

Keep me posted.   
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

Josh, clarify for me, we send registration and zero money if we are putting our bike in the DDSR booth, but not being judged. Sorry a bit dense today. the application is for Bud drinkers...he he
1100 GS

Sportfaller

The very first post of this thread has the registration form as an attachment. The way I interpret the registration is that everyone, judged or not, needs to register, so they know how many bikes, and how much area each group needs. We dont have a predetermined space to just fill up with bikes...  is that the way everyone else reads it?  I sent my registration in today, paid my 30 bucks... I'd hate to be the only one trying to win the dualsport class!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
Josh

greatbuffalo

I was under the understanding that we as a group would have a area for the group and to set up a display. Guess I was wrong which happens often.

So if i don't want my bike judged, just want it as part of the display, do I need to register? The first post stated we would have a group area. Do we know how big that area is and has anyone done the paper work for that group area?

Is it too late to register? Wonder if it would be easier if one person registered the whole group. I'll pony up a little cash.

Sportfaller

the group will all be together, but there is not really a "group area" per say. All entries that wish to be together as a group will be grouped together, but as a function of the number of bikes registered.  Each bike gets 8x10, so if we had, say 4 bikes, we would get 8x40.  I'll call Clay at Hardley-Drivenson today to verify.

I'd say if you dont want to be judged, send in the registration, with the non-judged class identified, and DDSR listed as the group. no need to send the $30 unless you want judged.
Josh

greatbuffalo

Sportfaller

I talked to Tod, one of the organizers today, and he said we're on the right track.

Here was his suggestion:
*everyone bringing a bike, send in a registration
*If you would like it judged, include the $30
*Be sure to write Dakota Dual Sport Riders in the section asking who you'd like to be next to, that way they put us all together
*they would like to have most entries in this week or early next, so they can plan accordingly
*they are excited to have us

Hope that covers it!
Josh

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

I too contacted the good folks over there, Clay was his name and he responded with this:

"Thanks Dan.  The deadline was only for judged bikes that wanted to receive a free t-shirt so you have time to get the bike registrations in for the non judged bikes.

Thanks for the email and we look forward to having your group display bikes."

There you have it. Will send my registration out tomorrow.

jacin theis

FYI, i filled out the electronic version Josh has attached in post #1, and emailed it to Clay. easy as pie.  although i prefer wrenches over keyboards.
1100 GS