News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2012 BLACK HILLS MOTORCYCLE SHOW OFFICIAL THREAD

Started by Sportfaller, January 24, 2012, 07:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumber mike

I'm planning to head down and could bring a bike or two. The Xco is my only dualsport at this time. :-[

Osnabrock

Plumber Mike,
I think if any bike were worthy of getting entered in the competition, it would be your Beemer.  It would certainly get the bada** award.  I think everyone at the show, no matter what sort of bikes they like, would appreciate your bike. 
After seeing how you use if for your work vehicle,  a lot of tradespeople would start trading in their box vans for BMWs for their service calls.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Lonesome Dave

Osnabrock is right, I would love to see that thing there.  If you remember, the first time we met at the Sturgis Rally about 2 years ago, out of thousands of bikes on Main street, I saw yours in all of its muddy glory.  I told you it was the prettiest bike there.  You said, "yea I just rode over here on the Galena trail."  Then you told me about DDSR   
Older - Wiser - Faster !

hellneau

I will be in town and will be there on Sunday. Let me know if you want my KLR, wee-strom or R12GS to attend. Can bring any or all.

Bogus Jim

Another vote for Plumber Mike's bike. There is something funny about riding the Camp 5 trail on the way to the Sturgis rally. We should put up signs saying "free beer" at the 2012 Sturgis rally, see if we could funnel a few Harley riders down that trail. I kinda doubt it, most of them won't even touch gravel. Get dust on the chrome, and so on.

plumber mike

Wow! You sure know how to make a guy feel good ;D

Truth be told....I'm actually looking to attend the M/C show to get ideas and maybe look for work, or talk to others that might do what I'm looking to do. Buying bikes, fixin' 'em, and selling them is how I'd like to make a living. Purpose built bikes at affordable prices. I'm tired of plumbing and love motorcycles. Many people make a good living in this industry. Plumbing has taken me from my passion,friends, family etc...I've missed family functions and rides with you guys because I'm a slave to my work. When I'm working on my bikes, I'm able to stay home with the fam, go for rides with you guys and enjoy life. It's about 3:30am and this is a decision I have not made lightly. LIFES TOO SHORT!!!and I won't forget how to plumb :P I clean carbs too! just not laundry.

Crazy? Yes. I've been told anyway ;D

Fletch

Quote from: plumber mike on March 23, 2012, 04:36:59 AM
Wow! You sure know how to make a guy feel good ;D

Truth be told....I'm actually looking to attend the M/C show to get ideas and maybe look for work, or talk to others that might do what I'm looking to do. Buying bikes, fixin' 'em, and selling them is how I'd like to make a living. Purpose built bikes at affordable prices. I'm tired of plumbing and love motorcycles. Many people make a good living in this industry. Plumbing has taken me from my passion,friends, family etc...I've missed family functions and rides with you guys because I'm a slave to my work. When I'm working on my bikes, I'm able to stay home with the fam, go for rides with you guys and enjoy life. It's about 3:30am and this is a decision I have not made lightly. LIFES TOO SHORT!!!and I won't forget how to plumb :P I clean carbs too! just not laundry.

Crazy? Yes. I've been told anyway ;D

I have a few friends in the business ( Yamaha dealer and a custom bike builder) we should get together and I can tell you what I (they) know.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Sounds like a goal to work for Mike. Rock On!!
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

plumber mike

Thanks again guys. Hope to see you all at the show.

Sportfaller

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

plumber mike

Quote from: Sportfaller on March 23, 2012, 09:20:49 AM
when should we gather for "planning beers"?

I'm on a new budget....planning water for me :P

Let me know.I'll bring the bimmer for the booth and also, I'm thinking of entering my $12 bobjob. What the heck? I would love to see how it hangs with all the chrome and metalflake.I may be too late to register.

jacin theis

My donation to Mike's new venture is to buy his beer when we meet. I keep thinking a small independent shop like Arrowhead in Moab would be cool. My wife keeps telling me i need to find something i enjoy for work, so i would love to see you do this. We also need to promote the hills riding. There a lot to offer here, that's actually more doable for folks than the Rockies.  "Plumber Mikes" sounds like a great shop name too. Think of the conversations it would start.

If you like a good read, check out 'Shop class as Soul craft" the author did exactly what you want, started a small shop and has never looked back.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Fletch

I think it could work out great. I'll pitch in on the beers too.. A man without a beer is a sad sight..

Wacked

Mike -

Do it now!  Each year that goes along makes it one year harder to transition!

Wacked

Fletch

" Plumber Mike's Adventure Bikes" it could be huge!!