News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Tires

Started by DynoDan, September 01, 2008, 04:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleJacket

My favorite combo is the Metzler MCE Karoo in front, and the Dunlop D606 on the back.  I havn't tried the K270's but have heard that this particular combo is better from other forums.  Both tires are aggresive, but seem to run smooth down the road.  I did have a Metzler MCE Karoo rear and really liked it as well but was a little more jumpy due to the aggressive paddly like tread for rockier terrain.  Switched to the D606 and have never felt more confident.  The D606 probably won't last as long as the metzler though.  Metzler Karoo front is about $55 and the D606 rear is about $65. 
rpjohnso

flexlarson

I really like  the Maxxis 6006 or 6060 whatever it is. Good combination of on and offroad but it wont last more that 3000 miles. The rear hooks up great the front leaves a little to be desired, but generally a good tire. Ive had the front on for awhile (bald right now) and have run three rears in that time. Id personally rather have some knobs and be safe offroad and compromise the on road performance (squishy etc.) Ive heard great stuff about the Kendas and I love the price. Ill put them on next time I get tires.
I run through tires real quick. I accelerate hard, brake hard and try to ride hard stuff as I can ride on the old DR.

The rock garden in the pick yeti posted was ridden. The hills offer up a great combination of Mud,Rock and nicely groomed fire roads.
You pick your poison and ride within your means or a little above.

Tell us more about your favorite tires.
I love this kinda debate over something that is totally a personal preference.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..