News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New to me and a little broken.

Started by excess, February 13, 2012, 05:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

excess

So I found a 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100 that has been downed pretty hard. The price was just too good and I couldn't resist. She is gonna need some love though so if anyone is an old hand with Triumphs or just knows a great place to source some replacement parts I'd appreciate any kind of info. As a more general question: in the past I have repaired minor exhaust damage but nothing like this thing has. I hate to toss it because it is a decent arrow system but I gotta think this is beyond salvage. Anyone disagree? Anyway i was pretty excited so i thought id share ;D

-Austin

Osnabrock

You might be able to find someone to repair the pipe as long as it doesn't have to much creasing or any punctures.  I've been doing a little research in having my expansion chamber worked on and came across this........
http://www.piperepair.com/index.htm
It shows photos of pretty far gone two stroke pipes but I'd guess that the same applies to 4 stroke silencers.  There's not a lot to them.  I heard the figure of $20-$40 thrown around when talking with people about a local pipe reconditioner. 
If you want to try it yourself, you could always pull the innards out, fill it with water, cap the ends, and put it in the freezer or a snowbank.  Just keep an eye on it and the dents may get pressed out. 
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

JoniJo

These guys supply parts to riders all over the globe. Good luck.
I'm envious!!!!!!   ;)

http://www.baxtercycle.com/                     JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

excess

Thanks guys (and gals) unfortunately the pipe repair guys say they don't have the right tooling. I may give it a shot myself nothing to lose really. That Baxter site is pretty cool thank you. Anyone have any experience with Bike Bandit?
-Austin

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

excess

Oh one other question I'm getting the dent in the tank popped out and the tank and fenders painted with a matte ppg paint. I got quoted $700 does that sound right? I know the guy does good work and it sounded fair to me?
Thanks 

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Hank

I would say its in the ball park, but maybe a little high for a single color.   I wonder how much is for the dent repair?   When I got my TDM painted the quotes were 6-700 but its two tone and it has a fairing..so more to paint.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dr Psyko

In 1990 a friend repainted my 1980 Ducati 900 SS, complicated job of several colors, fairing, tank, seat, decals, etc. and all he would take is 300.00. He's gone now, but a great guy.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

plumber mike

Excess- I saw your brother and heard the story behind the bike. Kind of creepy if you ask me, but what a find. If you need someone to help you keep the gas fresh in all those goodies....... 8)

excess

sssshhhhhh!
i'm still gonna have to sell it someday  ;D j/k