News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

03 WR450F

Started by greatbuffalo, February 14, 2012, 03:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

I'm going to look at one of these and wondering if anyone has had any experience with this machine.

Its an Enduro but can anyone tell me if it is street legal as stock?

The asking price is 1995.00. Thats all I know. I'm gonna try to get some more info tomorrow.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

I think thats what the ancient mariner rides.  Havent seen him around lately though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Osnabrock

I don't have any personal experience with one but I do know a few things from doing my own research a few years ago.
It's not factory street legal.
I think the older ones have a steel frame while newer ones are AL.
There are cool rear tanks easily available to boost range.
They're popular Dakar bikes so they must have a good engine.
If they are dual sported they benefit from changing to a cush rear hub to ease engine strain.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Bogus Jim

For South Dakota you would need to add a license plate light, and brake light, minimum. I'm not sure if stock bike has a horn, either.

There are a couple WR450F's running around the Hills. I have ridden with one of the guys. It has ungodly amounts of torque, he wheelies it on the trail at 40 mph.  ;D

Lonesome Dave

Hey GB, is this the farkle one or a different one?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Thanks for the info guys.

Dave, this is a newer machine, 03. The other is a 99. This one is pretty stock but I'm waiting to hear from the dealer that has it. I just sent him an email late this afternoon. They are asking 1995.00.

The 99 is already road ready but priced at 2900.00. If I could talk him into 2500.00 I may consider it but not at 2900. Still thinking I'd be better off starting with a factory DS though.

jacin theis

Would you be interested in an '06 WR250F thats already streeted? Has a skid plate and radiator guards already, plus a high quality seat pad ::). Runs sweet and has super fun suspension. I have been contemplating selling it to get the wife a trip worthy bike. it might be more than you want to spend at $2,900. just kicking it around......
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

Jacin, my dad may be in, I'll ask him...

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

greatbuffalo

Jacin, yes I would be interested.
Send me an email with the particulars and pics please.
Thanks

Osnabrock

So, what happened here?
Did I miss the sale?  Is this the bike, that I read about in a different thread, that you're picking up Great Buffalo?

greatbuffalo

I ended up working a deal with Jacin for his plated WR250F. Picking it up this weekend and hoping to be able to ride it this weekend too. Can't wait.

I passed on the 450 as was kick start only. I'm gettin' too old for that stuff.

Osnabrock

Very nice.
The 450 is a lot of bike.
I'm eager to hear how you like the 250.  That's a nice bike I bet.
It's nice when a bike gets passed along like that.
Enjoy and post some photos.

greatbuffalo

I'm sure it will be a fun ride. My family and friends are predicting I'll get hurt on it, We'll see but they know me well. :evil