News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, March 26, 2012, 10:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Psyko

Planning for Jake and myself, havn't talked to my brother Todd yet who was with us last year.

I'm about to have surgery on my left wrist though, and will need every day prior to leaving to be able to make the ride. I broke the ulna when I was a kid, and it healed in a sketchy way, and two years ago I tore several ligaments in that wrist, I was in a cast for eight weeks.  Unfortunately I fell on an icy patch in our parking lot here at work last month, and managed to re-tear the ligaments, and displace the ulna.  We were able to avoid surgery the last time, but it looks like I'm heading that way now.  The doctors are talking about kind of a fun surgery where they will harvest a tendon from my arm, and attempt to "weave" my wrist back together.  If all goes well I should be out of casts and beginning rehab first part of June. Fingers crossed!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Osnabrock

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:Osnabrock
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1
DATE ARRIVING:Thursday, late
DATE LEAVING:Sunday?
TENT OR RV:Tent
SIZE OF TENT:Absolutely Huge
NUMBER OF TENTS:1
I've got the dates marked off on my schedule. 
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Old man

Old man
    wed  thur  fri nites
    no clue if any others might haul with me
    I will prob call Gary  and get a cabin
    might see if I can find a bed in Custer wed nite

toadl

I'm working on a set of super motard tires for my bike that I can use for commuting everyday.  So, I'm finally going to be able to get  a much more aggressive dual sport tire.  A set I don't have to worry about using on the street too much.  I know this is a can of worms, but I'm debating if Pirelli XCMH tires or Kenda K760's would be good for the single track in the Black Hills.  I know there's a million threads on this.  I'm just asking here because  I don't know if its just going to be rocky and hard pack or is there going to be a lot of deep sand.  In the video's it doesn't look like mud is much of a concern.
I'm usually wrong

Sportfaller

Don't worry, there isn't any sand, and we all hope there won't be much mud. You can plan on hard pack and plenty-o-rocks.  I bet a trials type rear and an aggressive front would be pretty trick.

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone using tapatalk 2
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

grubbie

Just found out about some "mandatory" meetings in Colo. Springs that weekend. Have fun, stay safe, hopefully see you in the fall... :'(

scottbiker89

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:Scott/ Scottbiker89
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:Possibly 2
DATE ARRIVING:Friday night
DATE LEAVING:Sunday
TENT OR RV:tent
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:1

Klay

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  Klay/Klay
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:One, maybe two.
DATE ARRIVING:Late Thursday night, the 21st.
DATE LEAVING:Sunday morning the 24th
TENT OR RV:Tent or sleep in the back of pickup
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS: :dunno

Do I need to call the campground to make a reservation?

greatbuffalo

Klay,
First off welcome to the forum. Second, head over to the member introduction area and tell us about yourself.

third, No! you do not need to call for reservations if you are tenting or rV'ing, only if you are staying cabin or room.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

gerry1eye

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Gerry (gerry1eye) and son David
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: Thursday, June 21
DATE LEAVING: Sunday, June 24
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: 24'
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Sooooo looking forward to another great rally.
Let me know what night you want the North Dakotan's to cook pulled pork!
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

greatbuffalo

Quote from: gerry1eye on May 11, 2012, 01:26:57 PM
Let me know what night you want the North Dakotan's to cook pulled pork!

Rock on!!!
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

AncientMariner

Quote from: The Yeti on April 05, 2012, 09:50:01 PM
I had to revise our dates - Mrs. Yeti and myself won't be able to make it up there until Friday afternoon. We're considering bringing the 1200GS instead of the WR250R and riding mostly 2-up, mostly flat/old-man/easy trails.  8)  We can lead around the 'big bike/no rocks/no hill climbs' group!  ;D

Yeti, if you and Mrs. Yeti are still doing the 1200GS starting Friday, I might try to convince my girlfriend to join me (and you guys) on the Weestrom.  It will be fun to introduce her to what real motorcyclists (as opposed to bikers) are like.  If not, I'll probably tow the WR426 and Super Sherpa up again.  Thanks for the link to get the trail permits.

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: John/AncientMariner
DATE ARRIVING: 6/22
DATE LEAVING: 6/23
TENT OR RV: tent
SIZE OF RV: n/a
NUMBER OF TENTS: 1
*or*
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: 6/21
SIZE OF RV: Subaru Forester + bike trailer

'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

AncientMariner

My son Marcus is a maybe.  It depends on whether or not he can get a substitute at work.

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Marcus/AncientMariner's son

'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

Wacked

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Wacked
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2-3
DATE ARRIVING: 21st
DATE LEAVING: 24th
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: Car + 8'
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Oh yea, I'm looking forward to it!

The Yeti

Quote from: AncientMariner on May 12, 2012, 01:37:33 PM
Quote from: The Yeti on April 05, 2012, 09:50:01 PM
I had to revise our dates - Mrs. Yeti and myself won't be able to make it up there until Friday afternoon. We're considering bringing the 1200GS instead of the WR250R and riding mostly 2-up, mostly flat/old-man/easy trails.  8)  We can lead around the 'big bike/no rocks/no hill climbs' group!  ;D

Yeti, if you and Mrs. Yeti are still doing the 1200GS starting Friday, I might try to convince my girlfriend to join me (and you guys) on the Weestrom.  It will be fun to introduce her to what real motorcyclists (as opposed to bikers) are like.  If not, I'll probably tow the WR426 and Super Sherpa up again.  Thanks for the link to get the trail permits.

DATE ARRIVING: 6/22
SIZE OF RV: n/a
*or*

Hey John - yeah, the Mrs & I are still considering taking the GS. Having another couple to ride around with 2-up would probably seal the deal. :)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"