loingrader

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Loingrader
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 4
DATE ARRIVING: friday - early afternoon
DATE LEAVING: Sunday
TENT OR RV: Tents
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS: 3 or 4

can't wait to see everyone and get some riding in!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Bogus Jim

When Loingrader signed up, the headcount increased 10%. ;D   Must be nice to have a dual-sport family; in my family I'm outnumbered by Harley riders about 3 to 1.

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Jim/BogusJim
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: Friday (maybe Thursday if anyone's here and wants to ride)
DATE LEAVING: Sunday
TENT OR RV: Just ridin'

TrueSDGirl

Hi everyone!
I'm a newbie to the group, forum, sport, and everything. I'm loaning my KLR out to a friend the weekend of the rally but wondered if it would be possible to still come up one evening to meet a few people and get some ideas on riding the Hills, find people to ride with, etc. And if you're all off riding and it's better to wait til another time when I have my bike back that's good to know too. FHA SMS so much!

greatbuffalo

TrueSDgirl, Your welcome to drop by any evening, we're usually done riding by 6'ish. Come and meet the bunch. Friday or Saturday would be better than Thursday as more folks will be around. All are welcome in this group. Its a very good bunch.

Stop over at the "Itroduction" area and tell us a little about yourself.

Nice to have you here.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Old man

Yeti please ammend my sign up to include 5 additional KLR riders          this could be  3 tents and a pop up camper

it will be sweet to see AncientMariner and fringefan        is plumbermike in the area that weekend?

its going to be wild with everybody swapping bikes over the winter

Bogus I might be driving down on wed tohook up with Gerry in Custer              possible ride on thur?

most of my guys will arrive fri  by car     I am dialing in on how to haul 6 bikes  with pickup and trailer

See ya all in 3 weeks               NDave

The Yeti

Gotcha NDave!

And welcome SDGirl! We need more girl riders around here. ;-)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

Wow, we're up to 52 attendees! About ~40 riders. Biggest rally yet! Wish I could make it up on Thursday instead of late Friday... :(

We're gonna have to maybe get a bit more organized on our rides as there will obviously be several groups. I know I don't want to lead around 40-something riders.   :o

Anyone have any routes planned out yet for us '2-up easy trail' riders? If not, I'll try to come up with some trails that won't bounce our pillions off.  :evil

The Yeti

And don't forget - chili and nachos for dinner on Friday night, courtesy of myself and Mrs. Yeti. I've never made chili for 50 people...hope there's enough.  :eat

Anyone else planning on feeding the masses?

The Yeti

Quote from: gerry1eye on May 11, 2012, 01:26:57 PM
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Gerry (gerry1eye) and son David
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: Thursday, June 21
DATE LEAVING: Sunday, June 24
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: 24'
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Sooooo looking forward to another great rally.
Let me know what night you want the North Dakotan's to cook pulled pork!

Oh, I missed this - let's do the pulled pork on Thursday or Saturday, your choice Gerry!

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on May 31, 2012, 11:19:03 AM

Oh, I missed this - let's do the pulled pork on Thursday or Saturday, your choice Gerry!

i vote saturday so i don't have to miss it!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Sportfaller

I'll (gasp) be TRAILERING my bike up from hill city, so I can camp in comfort.   As far as other supplies, I'll bring some clean, debarked, bug free firewood (btw, is my maul still around from spring rally 2 years ago?), as well as a large selection of tools, a couple big tarps, cornhole, and my easy-up.   Can anyone else think of supplies/tools/comforts that you'd like me to bring?

oh yeah, and I'll be carrying a fairly comprehensive medical kit on the bike, and may throw my county radio in my backpack J.I.C.

Remember, the first rule of the rally is NO HELICOPTERS!   :evil
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Hank

I just realized I don't have permit stickers yet and we're 3 weeks out.  How long has it been taking from online order to receipt?

Sportfaller

permit-schmermit, lets see them catch ya!  :evil
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Osnabrock

I just ordered my permit tonight.
Last year I remember them coming VERY quickly.  It said on the web, as I was ordering, that they can be expected to arrive within a week.  Last year I think it was 2 or 3 days but don't hold me to that.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

snooker

Hi my northern friends!   I'm gonna see if I can make this one!  I usually always stay at home in June as I live on an irrigation reservoir that only has good boating in June, but this year due to lack of snowmelt it will be a mud hole anyhow..  so we'll see what the wife says..   I kinda blew my vacation days on Baja this year.  If I convince her to come (it's a selling point for a kitchen pass), what is there for her to do all day??  ideas?

I don't follow the forum much but anybody heard from Plumber Mike or Jacin about coming to this?  curious.    Will you be providing another Malcom sighting this trip?

-matt

p.s.  I don't want to hijack this thread but here's a pointer to my 2012 Baja trip pics and report - you can comment over on this thread:
http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=956.0