Quote from: pegleg on June 04, 2012, 11:05:55 PM
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Eric/Pegleg
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1
DATE ARRIVING:6/22
DATE LEAVING:6/24
TENT OR RV:Tent
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:1

Got you on the list Pegleg, welcome to the forum!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

gerry1eye

Oh, I missed this - let's do the pulled pork on Thursday or Saturday, your choice Gerry!

Gerry's choice - Saturday Night pulled pork sandwiches, with baked beans and NDave will bring the potato salad. Still working on getting more of Gram-ma's apple pies for dessert. Looking forward to seeing all new and old motorbiking buddies.

PS; Snooker, I did invite Marty Smith but it sounds like he's busy putting on a motocross clinic.
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

toadl

Quote from: snooker on June 04, 2012, 07:24:16 PM

If I have a 6 yr old on a CRF50 and a 10 yr old too, both unplated bikes, can they ride out the back of the FishNFry legally?  and are there extremely easy places to ride (wide and flat) inside and/or right out of the campsite for the 6 year old?  Without having to cross the highway?

thanks..

My kids are bringing a pw50.  They are still a little bit scared of it, so I'm just bringing it and if they want to ride it they can.  I was told it will need a sticker to ride on the trails legally (since it wasn't covered in the rally video I think breaking that rule might be fair game).  I have the same questions you do.  Maybe we can work out a group ride.

I'm willing to make pancakes for breakfast Friday or Saturday Morning which ever some of the veterans think would be the best, maybe Friday, I should still be healthy.  Will we have a group area where we will all eat.

Oh, My family is arriving on Wednesday.  So if anyone else is there I'll stop by and say "hi."  Actually, no matter who you are, if you have a motorcycle I'll talk to you.
I'm usually wrong

sandekr1

Reserved our spot 2 from mt coming to see the bh

sandekr1

No need to reserve rv spots I reserved 2 rv spots for me and the 4 montana guys for friday and sat.

toadl

If I get lost or seperated from the group, I hope I don't have to depend on my map reading skills.  Unless my two year old fits in my backpack, he seems to have a good grasp of it.
I'm usually wrong

Bogus Jim

QuoteIf I get lost or seperated from the group, I hope I don't have to depend on my map reading skills.  ;D

Instead of "lost", I prefer to use the phrase "temporarily disoriented".  ::)

Fletch

Quote from: BogusJim on June 07, 2012, 09:15:00 PM
QuoteIf I get lost or seperated from the group, I hope I don't have to depend on my map reading skills.  ;D

Instead of "lost", I prefer to use the phrase "temporarily disoriented".  ::)

yea, its not like you aren't still in SD (or maybe WY)......
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

JoniJo

I didn't think you were ever lost on a bike. Just found a new way to get there......  ;D   JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Sportfaller

Those maps are worthless, pay the $10 and get the small, waterproof color ones!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

The Yeti

Quote from: Sportfaller on June 08, 2012, 07:10:51 AM
Those maps are worthless, pay the $10 and get the small, waterproof color ones!

I had no idea those were available - are they at any forest service station?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Bogus Jim

You can download them here and print. Won't be waterproof though.

2012 Color Maps

I didn't know you could buy them for $10 until LD told me.

Sportfaller

LD showed me too, so I bought a set to carry as backups to the GPS map.

any FS office should have them
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

toadl

I have the map and I have the GPS.  I use both of them and enjoy the security of knowing where I am, but do you ever miss the days of not knowing where you are?  Being lost and home way too late.  Sometime I'd like to ditch the maps and GPS and go riding all day, not get home on time, make new discoverys, feel the freedom, and have another story to tell.
So, give it a try sometime and let me know how it goes.
I'm usually wrong

Dr Psyko

I talked to my brother Todd yesterday who was with us last year, and he is coming as well. So, 3 of us. Getting ready! New fork seals, fork springs, tires for Jake, and the list goes on!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.