News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, March 26, 2012, 10:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Time to get rolling!

The 2012 Dakota Dual Sport Riders summer rally will once again be held in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota!  Camping will be at the Fish 'n Fry campground just south of Deadwood, SD: http://www.fishnfry.com/

Location is here:

We will be staying on the Hillside Loop once again.

Copy and paste the below form in your reply to sign up:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Dates are June 21, 22, 23 & 24, 2012.  You can arrive anytime after noon on Thursday, June 21, departing on Sunday, June 24. Weather should be dry and warm - avg high 78, avg low 52.  BUT, this is South Dakota...if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.  ;-)  Be aware that there is very spotty cell phone coverage at the campground (can be a good thing), but if you ride to the top of the hill (2 minutes away) most will get a good signal.

Entry Fee: FREE!
Camping: Tents - $7 per person/night, RVs/Campers - $20 per night.  You will pay the campground when you arrive, no pre-payment required. I will reserve all tent and RV sites from entries on this sign-up thread. FnF have cabins available as well, but you will need to reserve those yourself by calling Gary or Michelle. Make sure you tell them you are with DDSR to get the special discount!

We will have enough room for plenty of tents.  RV sites near the tent sites are at a premium and need to be reserved as far in advance as possible, although there will be plenty of RV spots available away from "ground zero".

The rally is open to any and all skill levels of riders with any motorcycle that is street legal in SD (doesn't take much: headlight, taillight & license plate is about it).  All attempts will be made to keep the amount of pavement on our rides to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil in the Black Hills to get from one trail to another sometimes.

Rides can range from gravel/easy fire roads to rocks to single track to really gnarly rocks & single track, hillclimbs, etc.  There will be something for everybody!

The Fish 'n Fry campground (FnF) has full showers (coin operated, bring a couple of quarters if you don't want to smell like a dirty biker!), real bathrooms (with sinks & mirrors!), a general store (with beer), a small restaurant (with beer on tap!) and a grill and shelter we can use if it rains. 24hr gas station/convenience store right across the street, and Deadwood is only 10 minutes away. There are picnic tables, but if you want a guaranteed seat by the fire you better bring your own.

Electricity is available to charge cell phones, iPods, etc., however it is outside, so use at your own risk!

Firewood from outside the campground is not permitted (sometimes an exception is made for us DDSR folks, though). The FnF has bundles of wood for around $4, I think.

Limited food will be provided, but plan on fending for yourself during the day.
- One night will be chili & nachos (courtesy of Mr. & Mrs. Yeti)
- More to come, I'm sure!

Cars, trucks & bike trailers will have room to park, but could be a ways away from your campsite.

DISCLAIMER:
Anyone attending this event, does so at their own risk. The Yeti, any other DDSR member, the FnF campground or ANYONE BESIDES YOU will not be held responsible for injury to yourself, your bike or gear! Now, let's get out and RIDE THE HILLS!!  P.S. No helicopters allowed!  :-)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FISHING: Fishing is allowed along the creek running into and out of their little stock pond at FnF, and a fishing license is not required.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PERMITS: Don't forget, permits are now required to ride off-road (on trails designated 'TR' on the new MVU Map) in the Black Hills National Forest. Click the link about halfway down this page on the right-hand side (Application: Annual Motorized Trail Permit):

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjAwhwtDDw9_AI8zPyhQoY6BdkOyoCAGixyPg!/?ss=110203&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&cid=STELPRDB5203036&navid=360000000000000&position=Feature*&ttype=detail&pname=Black%20Hills%20National%20Forest-%20Maps%20&%20Publications

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

"IN" LIST

NAME - NIGHTS - TENT/RV/CABIN
The Yeti (+1) - 22,23 - RV
greatbuffalo (+2) - 21,22,23 - cabin
Sportfaller - 21,22,23 - tent
Toadl (+4) - 21,22,23 - RV rental from FnF
JoniJo (+1) - 21,22,23 - cabin
Hank (+1) - 21,22,23 - tent
Robmicgrn (+4) - 21,22,23 - RV
torgo - 21,22,23 - just ridin'
Dr Psyko (+2) - ?? - ??
Osnabrock - 21,22,23 - Absolutely Huge tent
Old man (+5) - 21,22 - cabin & tents & pop-up
scottbiker89 (+1) - 22,23 - tent
gerry1eye (+1) - 21,22,23 - RV
Wacked (+2) - 21,22,23 - RV
hipster - 21,22,23 - tent
fringefan - whatever...with a tent
DrDon - just riding
Tannerc (+1) - 22,23 - tent
Loingrader (+3) - 22,23 - tents
BogusJim - Just riding
sandekr1 (+1) - 21,??,?? - cabin
Pegleg - 22,23 - tent
Hayduke.klr07 - 21,22 - tent
ZIGGY (+1) - 22,23 - tent
Boydracing (+2) - 21,22 - RV already reserved
The Griz - 21,22,23 - tent
Douglas911 - 21,22,23 - RV
snooker - 21,22,23 - tent
sprout (+2) - ???? - ????

TOTAL = 64

The Yeti

greatbuffalo

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Greatbuffalo
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 21st
DATE LEAVING: 24th
TENT OR RV: Tent
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS: 1
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Sportfaller

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Sportfaller, AKA Josh
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  Uno
DATE ARRIVING: Thurs night, the 21st
DATE LEAVING:  Sunday, the 24th
TENT OR RV: Tent
NUMBER OF TENTS: 1

I may **GASP**  trailer my bike up, so I can camp in luxury.  That way I can bring a truckload of firewood again, as long as someone brings my maul that I left there like 3 years ago....
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

toadl

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Toadl
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  5 (1 AND 1/2 RIDERS)
DATE ARRIVING: Thurs night, the 21st
DATE LEAVING:  Sunday, the 24th
TENT OR RV: Renting an RV from FishN'FRy

MY HALF RIDER WILL BE ON THIS:
I'm usually wrong

JoniJo

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: JoniJo
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2 (1 rider)
TENT OR RV: Cabin
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   JoniJo   ;)
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Hank

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Jason / Hank
TENT

Cara and I will trailer out Thursday.  We'll be bringing the XT225, the DRZ and probably the ZX-14R on a trailer.   We'll likely spend part of each day burning up canyons and do some light trail riding (I have a rookie with me!) for the rest.   Can't wait!

Edit:  All the RVs and cabins w/ bathrooms are already booked!  We'll be tenting.

Robmicgrn

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Robert/Robmicgrn
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 4-5 (1 rider)
DATE ARRIVING: Thursday 6-21
DATE LEAVING: Sunday 6-23
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: 30' work and play trailer

Looking forward to it. The first officially planned trip for the year..............
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

toadl

Quote from: Hank on March 27, 2012, 08:03:28 PM
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Jason / Hank
TENT

Cara and I will trailer out Thursday.  We'll be bringing the XT225, the DRZ and probably the ZX-14R on a trailer.   We'll likely spend part of each day burning up canyons and do some light trail riding (I have a rookie with me!) for the rest.   Can't wait!

Edit:  All the RVs and cabins w/ bathrooms are already booked!  We'll be tenting.

I guess there is a womens kniitting group or something going to be at the FishN'Fry the same time we will be there.
Hank, I hope Cara can be a good influence on my wife, Diana, and teach her the joy of learning to ride.  Also, my oldest daughter thinks motorcycles are for boys.
I'm usually wrong

toadl

Quote from: Robmicgrn on March 28, 2012, 05:44:15 PM

Looking forward to it. The first officially planned trip for the year..............
I was wondering with 4-5 in your party and only one rider, if you were going to bring children?  My kids are 2,4, and 6.  I know I'm going to have a little pressure not to be gone all day.  That's why my mother n' law >:( is probably coming.
I'm usually wrong

Robmicgrn

Quote from: toadl on April 03, 2012, 06:14:17 PM
Quote from: Robmicgrn on March 28, 2012, 05:44:15 PM

I was wondering with 4-5 in your party and only one rider, if you were going to bring children?  My kids are 2,4, and 6.  I know I'm going to have a little pressure not to be gone all day.  That's why my mother n' law >:( is probably coming.

Wife, two daughters 8 & 9 and a 20 y/o son (all non riders) may come up Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Not sure yet what the summer schedule is going to be for the girls. Between the pool, the creek and a couple of RZR's, I hope they should be self contained while I am gone during the day. The wife knows I signed us up so I could go ride, but we will see how it goes. I hear you on the pressure not to be gone all day with family back at the camp.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

torgo

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Travis/torgo
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1 rider
DATE LEAVING: Sunday 6-24
TENT OR RV: Staying at my Sisters house 15 min away

I plan on bringing my plated KDX200 and my Plated XR500R.

Driving -  hauling bikes in pickup to the hills.
;D
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

The Yeti

I had to revise our dates - Mrs. Yeti and myself won't be able to make it up there until Friday afternoon. We're considering bringing the 1200GS instead of the WR250R and riding mostly 2-up, mostly flat/old-man/easy trails.  8)  We can lead around the 'big bike/no rocks/no hill climbs' group!  ;D

greatbuffalo

I'm gonna edit mine too. I will be bringing Mrs Buffalo, aka, Xtarrablance driver, as well and will secure a room or cabin.

So that makes 3, 2 riders, 1 nonrider.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?