Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, March 26, 2012, 10:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torgo

Quote from: The Yeti on June 15, 2012, 10:47:48 PM
Hey all,

With the list of attendees still growing - 61 and counting - I'm beginning to get a little worried about the food situation.

As you all know, Mrs. Yeti and I plan on bringing chili and nachos for dinner on Saturday night (as usual), but I can only make so much chili. I was thinking it may be a good idea to have some hot dogs and buns to make chili dogs with on Sat night....anyone wanna volunteer to bring a few dozen hot dogs, buns and fixin's???

Otherwise, I don't think my chili alone will feed more than 25-30 people.

I can bring 50 Ball Park Franks with buns to add to the mix for the SAT feed.

Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

sprout

8) We are going to leave Iowa early evening on Wed. Should arrive on Thurs. before noon. We will be in tha rv. I made reservations last week so we have a spot already. Marc boyd from Boyd racing is 1 of the missourian's. So please don't count us twice. I know I'm XXL but, should not be counted twice.    I'll be riding ol'blue this year, been trying to her  wear out, with out much luck. :o

Sprout

Sportfaller

Yeti, I'll bring chili fixings: shredded cheese, onion, hot sauce, crackers and the like.

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone using tapatalk 2
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Sportfaller

Oh, and I just mixed up a batch of drunken cherries to share as well!  Going to be a good weekend!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Hank

We can bring a couple dozen brats if there is a need, or maybe a big batch of salad etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The Yeti

Quote from: torgo on June 16, 2012, 06:23:45 AM
Quote from: The Yeti on June 15, 2012, 10:47:48 PM
Hey all,

With the list of attendees still growing - 61 and counting - I'm beginning to get a little worried about the food situation.

As you all know, Mrs. Yeti and I plan on bringing chili and nachos for dinner on Saturday night (as usual), but I can only make so much chili. I was thinking it may be a good idea to have some hot dogs and buns to make chili dogs with on Sat night....anyone wanna volunteer to bring a few dozen hot dogs, buns and fixin's???

Otherwise, I don't think my chili alone will feed more than 25-30 people.

I can bring 50 Ball Park Franks with buns to add to the mix for the SAT feed.

Thanks Torgo! That is awesome, thanks!

Quote from: Sportfaller on June 16, 2012, 10:03:48 AM
Yeti, I'll bring chili fixings: shredded cheese, onion, hot sauce, crackers and the like.

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone using tapatalk 2

Perfect!

Quote from: Sportfaller on June 16, 2012, 07:02:47 PM
Oh, and I just mixed up a batch of drunken cherries to share as well!  Going to be a good weekend!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds yummy...but what exactly are drunken cherries?

Quote from: Hank on June 16, 2012, 08:21:01 PM
We can bring a couple dozen brats if there is a need, or maybe a big batch of salad etc.

Doesn't sound like we'll need it with Torgo bringing 50 weiners.  ;D

BTW, I spoke with Michele at FnF and we will have access to the group area, and she is going to string up some extra outlets for us so I can plug in the crock pots for the chili and nacho cheese. I just love Gary & Michele at FnF - really good people! I think they have a grill there too that we can use for the hot dogs.

That way, everybody won't have to visit the Yeti-mobile to get their chili, we'll be all set up in the group area with a nice bonfire going....gonna be a great weekend, just wish I could come up on Thu instead of Fri (still working on this).

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

On second thought, this might go well with gerry1eye's pulled pork on Saturday night...I'm not sure how much he plans on making though.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

JoniJo

I'll bring a batch of my homemade jerky that I........uh.........will get at Cabela's!     ;)        JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Sportfaller

Weekend Weather:

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 51. South wind around 9 mph.

Friday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.

Friday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 82.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
Josh

loingrader

Quote from: Sportfaller on June 19, 2012, 07:33:26 AM
Weekend Weather:

looks pretty good!

for anyone interested i'll bring some DDSR stickers to the rally.  Black/white ones and Black/orange ones for the KTM riders.  I've also got some KLR650 stickers too.  1 sticker for $3 or 2 for $5.  Find the blacked out Wee if you're interested.  It's either me or lonesome dave, and he can point me out.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

gerry1eye

Quote from: The Yeti on June 16, 2012, 10:24:56 PM

On second thought, this might go well with gerry1eye's pulled pork on Saturday night...I'm not sure how much he plans on making though.

Yeti,  We (North Dakotan's) can cook whatever night you don't want to cook, just let me know so I can set up the electric roaster in the morning before we go riding. Planning on feeding 60 or so.  Pulled pork with buns, beans, potato salad - no beverages    Apple pie is limited, and will be first come - but  pretty sure Sprout won't be getting any pie.
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

gerry1eye

Quote from: sprout on June 15, 2012, 09:01:45 PM
8) Hello All
Sprout and a couple of friends from Mo. will be attending this years gathering.I do request: if Jerry wants me to ride his bike this year, please bring something besides that PIG he had me ride last year!!

;D ;D ;D

Sprout

Proud KLR650 riders may be insulted buy your "PIG" comment and could be looking to planting a Iowan in some Black Hills rock - looking forward to some good riding.   
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

Dratharr

Hi Everyone,
The family and I are going to be in Custer camping this weekend. Unfortunately I can only pigy back the KTM 200 on the back of the camper so I am stuck with a bike without a plate for this trip. I plan on riding the single track between Johnsons Siding and Sugar Shack Friday and Saturday, any chance any of you will be leading some rides in those spots. If so I would love to tag along for a while.

Thanks,
Matt

sprout

8) 8) 8) You better be wearing you big boy pantys! 
Quote from: gerry1eye on June 19, 2012, 11:52:25 AM
Quote from: sprout on June 15, 2012, 09:01:45 PM
8) Hello All
Sprout and a couple of friends from Mo. will be attending this years gathering.I do request: if Jerry wants me to ride his bike this year, please bring something besides that PIG he had me ride last year!!

;D ;D ;D

Sprout

Proud KLR650 riders may be insulted buy your "PIG" comment and could be looking to planting a Iowan in some Black Hills rock - looking forward to some good riding.

Osnabrock

I'm hoping to make it down to the area.  Don't really know when though.  I'll have to play it by ear.
You should stop by camp some evening to see what plans are being hatched.  Either that or we'll see you on the trail.
I'll remember Custer campground if we're in the area.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."