News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Lonesome (Crash) Dave injured

Started by greatbuffalo, March 26, 2012, 09:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

That's ice tea in the bag right?    JoniJo   ;)
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Osnabrock

I'm happy that you're ok. 
That's a real snappy pee bag.  I prefer the leg mounted one if I've got a choice.  It's better to not face that decision though.
You handled everything nicely by the sounds of it, no matter how you keep rolling it over in your head.  When I think of getting hurt out in the woods, I hope I can keep my composure like you did.  Panic is not a good thing, and you didn't do that. You kept your head.
I'm starting to think that WRR's are evil.
When you're looking for a new helmet, check out Dennis Kirk's outlet store online.  I got a nice helmet for half price last winter through their site. 
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

greatbuffalo

Yah I'm waiting for the Icons to come down in price. I'm suspecting this fall.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Zippopotamus

Good to hear from you, Dave. I don't know what's more shocking, five broken ribs from a little fall, or the fact that you never said "Well, to make a long story short..." in your post!

Get well soon, Dave. I know you'll be well enough to attend the Bike show next month, so you better be there :P
I couldn't think of a signature; is this good enough?

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Hank on March 29, 2012, 08:59:52 PM
Thanks for the great write up as well.. wish it was a happier tale.

Hank, I didn't realize it, but that was my first ride report. Huh, not what I thought my first report would be like!

I almost forgot, my Doctor from this little mishap is also a rider and has broken his ribs on both sides at different times.  He said he's going to check us out.  He's more single track and such, but acted really interested when I told him of all the different places we travel in the hills. 

One more thing, you guys always make me laugh.....and it really hurts.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

The Yeti

Nice write up Dave, it's strange how you can keep your cool after something like that. Definitely retire that helmet - what size you wear? I got a XL Shoei Hornet that I just replaced and would be willing to give up.  I got one of these the other day:

http://www.atomic-moto.com/AFX-FX-39-Cheek-Pads.html

Haven't worn it on the bike yet, but seems to be of outstanding quality considering the price. I got the yellow cause I thought it was hi-viz - it's not, it's just yellow.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Yeti.. I just tried on an AFX FX37 and was pretty amazed at how nice it felt for the price.   I'd like to hear more about that FX39.. I'm considering that or a Fly Trekker.

Speaking of gear - I'm going to add a gear board.  I think we should have a spot like that.
You wanna post a review of that 39 there?

The Yeti

Yeah, I'll give it a review as soon as I get some seat time with it.

I had a 37 for about two days a couple years ago, couldn't stand it. Had a pressure point at the top of my forehead and no amount of rubbing could make it better. All around construction seemed 'cheap'. That, and the optics in the shield were horrible.

The 39 seems to be much better. The inner padding is much better, lots more venting, and I have no pressure points (so far). The optics are perfect as far as I can tell wearing it around the house.

Oh yeah, and from what I've read on ADV, the Fly Trekker and FX-39 are the exact same helmet from the same manufacturer, just different paint and decals - AND the AFX is slightly less expensive.

Bogus Jim

QuoteThe optics are perfect as far as I can tell wearing it around the house.

Boy, when you said you wear all the gear all the time, you weren't kidding.   ;D

Dr Psyko

Atomic Moto has a good write up on these 2 helmets. Apparently the first model was problematic while the new one is groovy (their impressions).
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

The Yeti

Quote from: Dr Psyko on April 03, 2012, 08:35:33 AM
Atomic Moto has a good write up on these 2 helmets. Apparently the first model was problematic while the new one is groovy (their impressions).

That's where I bought mine - I really like Brian (the owner), he takes good care of his customers. The only thing I don't like is if you have to return something, you have to pay for the return shipping. MC Superstore pays for it themselves.

greatbuffalo

I have a 37 and really like it except for the face shield does not fit properly. maybe a new face shield would do the trick.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?