News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Sunday April 22 Offroad Poker Run

Started by Lee Bruns, April 19, 2012, 10:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Bruns

Sunday April 22 at the GLMC Trail area, one mile east of South Shore SD.  Sign in starts at 11AM. See you there!

Hank

So how did it go?    I was sure hoping to make it, even got a new knobby front mounted up on Sat, but it just didn't work out.

Lee Bruns

I'd say 50 riders in the adult event. 20 or so for the kids event. Everything went REALLY well.  Longer course than previous years, 2.6 miles instead of the old 2 mile course. I got 7 laps in, which is a couple miles less riding than last year. carpal tunnel acted up really bad. I did tip over three times. Once I had help, but the other two were all me.

Dr Psyko

Lee, Are yiou the famous Lee Bruns who is quoted in the Aerostich catalog?
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Lee Bruns

Yep. What did Andy grab this time? I haven't seen the latest catalog.
You can also read my blather in The Horse Backstreet Choppers or Minnesota Motorcycle monthly if you're into such things.

Dr Psyko

A quote about (my paraphrase) how we would revolt if the government rerquired us to have a tracking, recording, deactivating control on our cars; but many of us willingly pay 10.00 a month for it since it's called "Onstar"...
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

greatbuffalo

There was a rider from Mitchell that stopped into the yamaha shop the on monday while I was there, said he was up there and had a good time. not sure of his name.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lee Bruns

Highest lap count was 17. The final hand of poker paid 280 bucks. It came down to TWO guys and since neither had a 'hand' it was high card. A Jack won.
  Its a cool event. I only wish the club had enough volunteers to do it twice a year.

Lee Bruns

Quote from: Dr Psyko on April 26, 2012, 09:41:03 AM
A quote about (my paraphrase) how we would revolt if the government rerquired us to have a tracking, recording, deactivating control on our cars; but many of us willingly pay 10.00 a month for it since it's called "Onstar"...

AAH! one of the lesser offensive rantings. Excellent.