News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Just ordered tires.

Started by greatbuffalo, April 22, 2012, 09:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Well, the hemming and hawing is over. Yesterday I ordered the Kenda K784.

Very similar to the TKC80 and bit less expensive. Will be mounted and ready to rock Wednesday afternoon. Will post a little down the road to let you all know what I think of them.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

Reset!!! I cancelled that order d/t seriously poor durability ratings and ordered the Heidenaus. We'll see if it was good decision.

Dr Psyko

Heidenaus, new tire to me! I looked it up and seems tough!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

greatbuffalo

They kust came today. Won't be able to install/ride till next week as work will consume my life for the next 6 days.

Thay look great!

The Yeti

I got a set of the Heidenau Scouts for my GS but haven't put 'em on yet. They look cool though. :)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Sportfaller

from everything I've heard they are the most frustrating tires to mount ever, since they are SUPER stiff.  My Dad is running them on his 1200 and likes them, he has them mounted in sturgis.

Lay them out in the sun for a few hours to loosen them up. 
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

greatbuffalo

I'm having a shop do the mounting. They can have the frustration but I'll worn them. Thanks for the heads up.

Dr Psyko

Why are german tires so expensive?
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Osnabrock

"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

greatbuffalo

They are a little spendy but if they last like the reviews say they do, I'll be ahead.

I did a lot of thinking about this purchase, just hope its $$$$ well spent.