News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hills fall ralley Sept 19,20,21 signup

Started by fringefan, September 06, 2008, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

I would not miss it but would like to get an approx head count before hand. Also since a few of us are out here we might be able to arrange for some food and a cooler with ice again if anyone is interested?

Rider- Fringefan
Ride-  KLR650

Dustin

The Yeti

Count me in!

Just found out today that the campground right next door to Fish n Fry (Wild Bill's) will be open that weekend. Might want to consider it.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

I'm in.  On the KTM

My buddy Paul will be riding out on my DRZ400.   He's a streetbike guy (has a VFR800), maybe this will convert him  ;D

Does Wild Bills have a store or place to eat?    If so that would be a good idea IMO.

fringefan

FYI guys . I camped out and went wheelin this weekend and it was COLD So be sure you are prepared with a good bag and some warm gear. May want to double up in tents and use the boyscout method of keeping warm. FYI this is Brian

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on September 07, 2008, 09:29:16 PM
FYI guys . I camped out and went wheelin this weekend and it was COLD So be sure you are prepared with a good bag and some warm gear. May want to double up in tents and use the boyscout method of keeping warm. FYI this is Brian

Sorry I bailed on you, too damn wet & cold!

Wild Bill's has a store and a cafe in front of the campground, but I didn't go in...Brian??

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on September 06, 2008, 06:32:29 PM
Also since a few of us are out here we might be able to arrange for some food and a cooler with ice again if anyone is interested?

What kind of food? I could bring some steaks for the grill.  Does anyone have a grill???

What kinda steaks do you guys prefer?  I'm partial to Ribeyes or New Yorks.

Hank

The countdown is on.  So where are we staying?

My vote is for Wild Bill's or somewhere else that has a store / food.   I can live w/out a shower but I don't want to have to pack all the food / beer etc in if possible.

Dustin

Quote from: Hank on September 12, 2008, 05:06:03 PM
My vote is for Wild Bill's or somewhere else that has a store / food.   I can live w/out a shower but I don't want to have to pack all the food / beer etc in if possible.

I agree, I like beer and food more than a shower!!  ;D

The Yeti

Wild Bill's is cool with me. Not sure if they have a store on-site, but I think so. Brian would know more since he just camped there last weekend. I know that Nemo Guest Ranch (2 miles from Boxelder Forks CG) has a store, a restaurant and a bar, but no showers.

joedaddy

Okay, So where is everyone staying?  I am working a 48 hr shift friday and Saturday but would like to meet up on Sunday morning if possible to ride with you guys.  I get off at 7 am and could easily make it by 8 am if we don't have a late call in the morning.

Hank

Well I have to bust for home early Sunday, but hopefully a few can stick around to ride Sunday. I have to fly out early, early Monday morning for the week.

Also, where / what is the official start time / place on Friday?   I'm trying to decide if we'll make it the whole way Thursday or just get close.  We probably won't leave Wtown until 2ish on Thursday, and I'm not all that jacked up about riding much after dark west river.  Pasting a deer would bring the fun to a very early end.  :o

The Yeti

I think we should stay at Wild Bills...closer to civilization, and BEER!

I'll be camping Friday and Saturday night, and will be able to ride all day Sunday.

Here's my plan:
-Get up to the campsite (wherever that may be) early Friday morning (early being around 9-10am). Set-up camp, then hit the trails!
-Camp Friday night, drink a lot of beer
-Ride Saturday
-Camp Saturday night, drink more beer
-Ride Sunday

Cool?

Hank

:cheers  Sounds like a good plan.    :chug

We'll just have to see what time we get out of here.  If we don't make it all the way we'll setup a rendezvous point, or we'll just do our best to be to camp by 9-10AM.