News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hills fall ralley Sept 19,20,21 signup

Started by fringefan, September 06, 2008, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

QuoteWe'll just have to see what time we get out of here.  If we don't make it all the way we'll setup a rendezvous point, or we'll just do our best to be to camp by 9-10AM.

Mapquest says 6h50m from Watertown to Deadwood...I figure you could do that in at least 6h flat. If you leave be 2:30 your time, you'll get there before dark! Call my cell if you're gonna be later.

So, it's Wild Bill's for sure? Everyone know where that is? Right next door to the Fish n Fry....

Do we need to worry about bringing ANY food? Are we going to eat at restaurants/whatever every meal? Fine with me, just want to know beforehand. My offer to bring steaks for one dinner still stands. Not sure what we would have with it, or how we could cook 'em up, you experienced campers let me know!

Here's the head count, so far:

Myself
Brian (I'm assuming)
Chad
Jason
Jason's buddy Paul
Dustin
Brett
Brett's buddy Brandon
Ryan
Joedaddy (Sunday only)
Matt (Dratharr) - tentative

Brett,

Are you gonna be camping Thursday night, or staying somewhere in Rapid?  I could bring up some supplies (cooler, dry ice, steak, etc) on Thursday night in my car, if you're gonna be there.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

I could make it in 6-7 hours, but we have to keep in mind that Paul is riding my DRZ which has a seat like a 2X4 and an 80 miles gas range  :evil   I expect many stops.

Oh and it has a top comfortable cruising speed of 65mph as well.  Maybe I'll have to give him a 2 hour head start  ;D

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on September 12, 2008, 09:24:09 PM
Also, where / what is the official start time / place on Friday? 

How about we plan on being ready to ride after lunch on Friday? This will give people time to set-up camp before the ride starts.

Since no one else seems to want to make a final decision, I declare Wild Bill's the official campsite of the 2nd DDSR Rally! (Just smack me if I'm outa line  ;D )

Official agenda:

1. Meet at Wild Bill's Friday morning, set up camp, greet riders, apply our new awesome stickers!
   - First one to Wild Bill's can pay for the site(s), then we can settle up later (?)
2. Find somewhere to eat lunch
3. Be ready to ride after lunch
4. Ride 'til sun goes down
5. Find somewhere to eat dinner and load up on adult beverages
6. Drink by the campfire and regale others with stories of our adventures!
    -Optional back rubs courtesy of Little jacket  ;D
7. eat, ride all day Saturday, repeat steps 5 & 6
8. Ride Sunday 'til the last rider has to go home

Figure we would plan on starting the rides on Sat & Sun around 9am(?). Earlier, if everyone's ready.

loingrader

i'm staying in rapid on thursday nite, and was planning on heading out to the campsite friday morning.  i'll set up camp, ride till about 3:30 or 4pm and then go pick up my brother who is staying at fort meade.

9am start times sounds good.

wild bill's sounds good too.

i'll be bringing some hot dogs and snacks to get by but plan on eating out, or buying food to cook as needed. 

yeti, you are so accomodating!  thanks for that.

see everyone there.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

flexlarson

Brett you staying over thursday night?
I should be in town later in the afternoon. You are welcome to stay. Call me about details. Ill leave a light on for you and some space on the couch and a spot in garage.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

The Yeti

According to my meteorologist, looks like a great weekend for riding! Of course, it's still a long way away, but it's encouraging.

http://www.blackhillsfox.com/Weather.aspx

Yeah, we affectionately refer to Keith as "Lurch", he doesn't think it's so funny.  ;D

Dratharr

I am hoping to make it up there Saturday morning; I wont be camping, I am bringing the wife and she is bringing her work! My chain and sproket are DOA, but the replacement is supposed to be here on Thursday, so if the stars align correctly I should be there. Looks like the weather is going to be good.

Dratharr

Dustin

I hope to arrive at the camp ground Thursday night around 7ish. Is any one else planning on being out there Thur. night??? If not, is there a good site that someone has a preference for.  ???

The Yeti

I will not be able to come up Thursday night, and have no idea if some sites are better than others. We don't need nothin fancy, just a place to put up a few tents.

Hank

Add Chris (Crizzay23) to the list of attendees!

Chris, Paul, and I will arrive at the campground Friday morning.
Chris and I will only be camping Friday night, but will ride until the end of the day Saturday.
I'm not sure if Paul will camp Sat night or not.

Chris, Dustin, Paul and I will be riding out together but all have our own plans for Thursday night and then again Saturday night.  Not sure if we'll all be riding back on Sunday together or not as Dustin might stick around and ride Sunday and Chris, Paul and I are rolling home early on Sunday.

I can't wait. I'm getting more excited as the hours roll by!

fringefan

Hank

I got a new rear put on today.  New rear goes on Chris's Thursday morning.

I got my high fender on too (what a chore that turned into).  It's pretty sweet.

The Yeti

Got a new front tire coming tomorrow, trying a 908RR this time, had a D606 last time and I'm not happy with the wear pattern or tread life. Rears still got a little life left in it.

Jason - What are you doin Saturday night that's so important your gonna miss out on all the male bonding??  ;D

The Yeti

Updated attendees:

Myself (The Yeti)
Brian (Flexlarson)
Chad (Fringefan)
Jason (Hank)
Paul
Dustin
Brett (loingrader)
Brandon
Ryan (Little Jacket)
Joedaddy (Sunday only)
Matt (Dratharr)
Chris (Crizzay23)

Hank

My 908rr front has 3000 on it and is just starting to wear a little funny.  I'm sure it will go at least 6K though, maybe more.