News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

I joined the Gopro revolution.

Started by greatbuffalo, April 24, 2012, 08:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Just picked up a Gopro today and can't wait to play with it. Hoping it will make me a hero. Film at 11. Or later, much later.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sam i am

Congrats on the purchase!  Did you get the Hero2 and what edition did you get (i.e. Motorsports)?

greatbuffalo

Yup, hero 2 motorsports edition. I do have one issue with though. If I take photos there are blue, green, and violet lines through the image. Tried the firmware update but no improvement. Waiting to hear back from them. Took a quick video today and the video quality is amazing.

Bogus Jim

I decided to join the GoPro revolution too. Hero2 motorsports. I don't think it's going to make me a hero, though. Instead, my plan is to follow Lonesome Dave around for a couple months and see if I can catch one of those spectacular over-the-handlebar crashes.   ;D

Lonesome Dave

Hey thanks, I always wanted to make it into one of those home video shows!  In-fact, I just threw a leg over the WR on Sunday and ripped out of the yard to go get the mail.  Lets just say she was less than happy with me!  :evil  "What....somebody's got to get the mail."
Older - Wiser - Faster !

JoniJo

I purchased a GoPro HD Hero 2 as well.
We're pretty cool huh?
We should have enough footage to rival Ben Hur!!!!!
We rock.......  8)         JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

The Yeti

I got me a Contour HD GPS (actually bought it last year). STUNNING video, plus it shows your GPS track while you play back the videos.  8)

We're gonna need somewhere for everyone to upload all these video files so someone can edit them together into something people might want to actually watch. I know that my un-edited videos are pretty boring after a minute or two. I love watching them, but the masses want more excitment and flair y'know.

Speaking of flair - BogusJim turned me on to this guy in the other thread. Jim warned that his YouTube channel could be a time drain...I've spent almost every evening the past week watching all of his videos and have finally caught up to real time. Great videos, great sense of humor, and the guy is just plain cool...I want to move to Maui and hang out with him.   :-*

His latest is his best yet! It's kinda long and ends with sort of a cliff-hanger, but well worth the time. Watch it in HD if you can:

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

greatbuffalo

I've been back and forth with Gopro about a problem with my camera. I have to send it back on Monday. Hope their turn around time is fairly quick.

greatbuffalo

I got the problem sorted out a while ago, but has anyone had problems with the nut side of the mounts cracking. i think i have 4 or 5 of them that have cracked. Getting kinda irritated.

JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

greatbuffalo

Not sure what link you are referring to.

My concern now is that I keep cracking the mounts on the side where the nuts are. I have 4 or 5 of these things that are cracked. Wondering what i'm doing wrong with them. Is anyone else having any problem with them.

JoniJo

Just guessing.....
Did you say that you mounted your camera on the side of your helmet?
Maybe those little mounts aren't made to take that "vertical" pressure?
Just sayin'..........   

Cant wait to se y'all..............   ;D    JoniJo

P.S Ain't gonna need the Xterrablance this year!!!!!!  ;)
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

sam i am

I've been using my GoPro quite a bit and haven't had any cracking issues on the mounts.  And I've tightened the suckers down a lot.  Maybe you got a bad batch?

greatbuffalo

Got an email back from gopro and said they did get a bad batch and that they are sending me new ones. :)