News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Sideways Hardley

Started by AncientMariner, May 12, 2012, 01:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Nice one excess..   How do you like it so far?

So I gotta know, what all hides in your garage?

Husaberg, Superduke, 950SE, Griso.. anything else?

excess

Just about got a bonneville that's just about done and a Henderson but I don't ride it. I had to pull the trigger on the Griso apparently for 2013 the se is gray and black still cool but I love that tenni green.

Lee Bruns

90 degree V, Engine and trans are seperate, shaft drive, reliable as an anvil, perfect primary balance, whats not to like about a Guzzi? I have put on over 200,000 miles on Guzzi's. Not sure if my next one will be a V7 smallblock, a Stelvio or a Norge. OOOH, or maybe they'll make a smallblock Stelvio and make it easy to decide!
  Guzzi has made all sorts of engine configurations over the years. In '56 they made a liquid cooled, overhead cam 500cc V8 even. In '65 when the flying V came out they settled on that one engine configuration and have stuck with it since then. Presently there are three basic versions of the flying V. The Heron-head smallblocks, the 2 valve pushrod big blocks, and the OHC four valve per cyl big blocks.

AncientMariner

Quote from: excess on May 14, 2012, 04:33:11 PM
Good timing. I've been chasing one down for over a year finally took delivery from ericos in Denver two Saturdays ago.

Took this picture with my phone riding around Horsetooth just outside FT. Collins.

You probably got the one I was drooling over when I had my V7C in at Erico Motorsports for a cannister check valve recall a few weeks ago.  They told me that they have found me one, the last green one they said.  I'm waiting for word that it has arrived in Denver.  Followed a GS1150 around Horsetooth when I first got the V7 Classic.  Couldn't keep up.  Good thing I'm retard.  Not having to store the car in the garage for a couple of months means more motorcycle storage capacity.  Wahoo!  Congrats on the Norge, Jason.  I accompanied a red one during a Glacier Park trip on my DL1000.  Very nice bike.
John
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

AncientMariner

Quote from: AncientMariner on May 22, 2012, 07:58:53 PMFollowed a GS1150 around Horsetooth when I first got the V7 Classic.  Couldn't keep up.

I should have said R1150GS.  It wasn't a Suzuki.
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

greatbuffalo

A smallblock stelvio would be the ticket. The Stevio is just a bit too big for my desires I imagine, but I yet have to ride one. I love the looks of it but a bit smaller/lighter would be a bit better. I also wonder about the center of gravity and with the configutaion of the longitudinal engine and higher center of gravity compared to the BMW, if there is and chassis torque associated.

I guess I just have to get up to visit my dad in Lake Norden and take an afternoon ride up to Watertown and get a better look at those machines.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

numb41

great. that's just great. another bike that I will quietly lust over.

Hank

They were setting up a Stelvio tonight at the Motocycle shop.  It's already sold though.   

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jacin theis

Just, WOW! i think i have a new favorite too.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

That is Bloody Sexy........ yum!
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

jacin theis

tells me invalid thread at ADV.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

He had the price in the thread title.. maybe that's why it got nuked.

Anyway it was a 2007 Norge with all the luggage, a pipe, 27K miles for 5800 which is really cheap.

I'll see if it gets reposted.

Hank

Hank

Motocycle shop in Watertown just took in another 08 Norge on trade today.  10K miles or a bit more.   Looks to be in real good shape with brand new PR2 tires.    Just an FYI..