Why you upgrade your Doo

Started by Hank, September 07, 2008, 07:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Dustin

The Yeti

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Jared

Ack my Eagle Doo's in the package right now staring at me and my ride's in the garage with 12k on it! :o :o Chadddd ........ Jefff...............  :o :o :o :o :o

Dustin

fringefan

Should be here next week and planning to do it the following week. Contacted Jeff and will let him know when it shows up to set up a time. During the week works best for me while the kids are at day care.

What works for you?

LittleJacket

my spring was broken when Jason and I did the doo.  definitely a must doo!
rpjohnso

Dustin

I agree the doo is a must!! I did mine with 16k on the clock. Luckily my spring and doo were still intact. I did notice the doo had been adjusted once, not sure if that has anything to do with it not breaking  ???

fringefan

got mine in the mail so with any luck might be able to do this week.

Jared

w00t! less than 48hrs now 'til DOO TIME! 8)

fringefan

lookin forward to getting that and a few other things done.

fringefan

All done ;D  New break lines, Doo Hickey, and new thicker fork oil. All works good except the forks feel like stock now and might be because I did not add any air? Thicker oil should have stiffened them up so I will play with them when I get home tonight.

Only bad part of the whole day is my custom windshield is now a broken one. Guess I will go back to the stock one.

Thanks for the help Jeff. I am sure it would have been a very long process if I did it myself. Took a few pics but the ones I have are of Jared getting a close look at his fan and jeff spraying eye wash in his face to get the piece out of his eye ;D Jared is okay.

I have a front fork brace and lowered front fender for sale if any are interested $75.00.

loingrader

what kind of fork brace is it, and what kind of fender is it?

i've got a brace, but inquiring minds want to know.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

I was a custom made cnc brace and I have no idea on the fender. Brace it heavier duty than the ones you normally buy. If your interested I can show it to you.

loingrader

i'm more just curious.  i'm sure someone can use the fork brace, and the low mount fender.  the more i know about it the easier i can find someone that needs it. 

you may get rid of it this weekend with all the klr's that will be around.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro