News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Trans South Dakota Trail

Started by sleddog, June 12, 2011, 10:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

that is a fun road!  in 08 a bunch of us went thru there on our way out to the rally.  this year, when we went thru there in sept a farmer by interior told me that road was washed out. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

torgo

There were a couple of small water crossings and a few holes but nothing the mighty KLR could not handle.

;D ;D
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Hank

That is a fun road.  That's the road that taught me all about how well damp clay and a KTM950 with a low front fender mix.   Ride 100 yards, tip over.  Ride 100 yards, tip over.   Repeat until tired.

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on November 01, 2011, 12:32:49 PM
That is a fun road.  That's the road that taught me all about how well damp clay and a KTM950 with a low front fender mix.   Ride 100 yards, tip over.  Ride 100 yards, tip over.   Repeat until tired.

i didn't want to bring it up, but that is what comes to mind every time i think about that road.  watching that big katoom drop like a rock when the fender plugged.

...and that guy who rode out from wisconsin on the dr650 that almost drove off that little cliff when he lost control in the mud. 

but like torgo says, it was nothing a klr couldn't handle!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

rokklym

I'd be interested in the GDB or GPX file for this route! rokklym@gmail.com 

I'm looking for a fun ride sometime in May   ;D

greatbuffalo

rokklym, welcome to the site. Be sure to head over to the introduction thread and tell us about yourself.

I'd be interested in the GPX files too
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

rokklym

Thanks, I thought I have posted here before, maybe not! I'll head over there!

drdon

Where can I get a route,  trans s.d. trail? 
DL1000, KLX400, WR250R

sleddog

Shoot me a PM with TSDAT in the subject line....I'll send you the route with tracks

jbackerus at yahoo dot com

Sleddog

rokklym

I just got back home from riding the TSDT, amazing route! Ended up with about 2200 miles round trip. I'm sure a ride report will pop up eventually.