News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Headed out to the BHNF to Ride

Started by torgo, May 28, 2012, 11:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torgo

A friend of mine from Alaska drove down with his bike to ride the TAT, which we did last week at least the Tenn portion.  We both had new to us bikes and we encountered some problems that forced us to quit early and leave the rest of the Eastern TAT for another day.

To make up for that I suggested we head out to the hills as it is on his way back to AK and ride a few days.  I have a sister that lives on Sheridan Lake Road and we get free rooms!!!!  :cheers

So we leave Iowa tomorrow and will be in the hills Tues afternoon or early evening with his 2010 XR650L and my 2000 KLX300R both street legal and ready to ride.  We will be ridding Weds and Thurs and then I am back to work for three weeks and off just in time for the Rally.

Does anyone want to tag along?  We will be home based out my sisters house on Sheridan Lake road and will end up there every evening for drinks and relaxation.  :chug

I get updates from DDSR on my phone so PM me if you want.  We might want to take in Farmingdale also.

Thanks

Torgo
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Bogus Jim

Hey Travis, sorry I couldn't join you guys. The weather looks great for riding Thursday, maybe a few scattered showers Wed.

If you are thinking about hitting Farmingdale, I attached track logs for a 36-mile loop. Be sure to ride across the abandoned RxR bridge and if you don't have windshields on the bikes, run underneath too.  ;D  (kinda low clearance)  The loop is all pretty easy, if you want more challenging stuff, inside the loop there are lots of hill climbs and a couple small whoopy mx tracks, near the road. Just explore, you'll find good stuff.

Jim