News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Riding June 2nd or 3rd

Started by Sportfaller, May 29, 2012, 08:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

I'm pretty free, should we meet 10ish?  somewhere central, like Johnson Siding? Sugar Shack?

Who all is "in for sure", so we make sure to catch everyone?

my smellphone is six ohh five, four three one, ohh one one four....

Looking forward to riding tomorrow! 
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Fletch

I'm in, 10:00 at the Sugar Shack sounds good to me (I can getr there early for breakfast ;))
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Sportfaller

Hmmmmm, breakfast!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Bogus Jim

Would you guys be interested in riding this loop? 150 miles, 2 miles of pavement.  8)   

Goes past Stockade Lake, up to Cicero peak, then hit part of Josh's southern loop over to Jewel Cave, cross 16 and up through Dead Horse flats, down through Red Bird canyon, back up through Roby canyon, hit the powerline trail by Redbanks, then some ATV stuff at Deerfield, then up Bear Mountain trail and back to Custer.

Sportfaller

As long as it isnt tooooo tough, I think that powerline has a reputation

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone using tapatalk 2
Josh

Bogus Jim

Actually, I posted the loop, before I saw that you are meeting at Sugar Shack. That might be a pretty long day, starting up there and riding the loop.

I am still a maybe for tomorrow; depends on how much work I get done tonight. I'll post and let you know, tonight or early tomorrow morn.

Sportfaller

We can meet wherever, I'm easy going.

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone using tapatalk 2
Josh

Bogus Jim

I guess I'll need to pass on tomorrow's ride... deadlines at work, etc. Have fun, ride safe.

Lonesome Dave

I'm still in.   I'm fine with sugar shack at 10.  8)
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Sportfaller

Thats a bummer bogusjim!  Guess we'll see everyone at the shack at 10, or earlier for those of us eating... I'll call plumbermike and jacin, and yeti.

Josh

Robmicgrn

Thanks for the ride today! Made it back to Hill City, no problems. Note to self, extra fuel and time. Look forward to ridinng with you all again!

Robert
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Sportfaller

Nice to meet you Robert, and a good ride for sure! Glad you made it to hill city on vapors!

Josh

Lonesome Dave

Well Fletch and I didn't give up.  We stopped at Prairie Berry Winery where my wife & daughter and a gaggle of women were having a sampling fest for their bridesmaid party.  We were invited in for sampling of free booze.   :)  After slamming our samples, we headed for 249 (China gulch road) and went all the way to Silver City.  That's a neat road and "Love Boat" friendly.  Headed back over 448 and 202 and onto Bogus Jim Road and then to my place.  Like usual I got in over my head on some single track, but managed to survive it all.  I was at the back of the pack and ate a lot of dust.  :P  For me it was 106 miles from home to home.  Great to meet you Robert, look forward to eating your dust again!  All in all a great day.  LD

I forgot to add the only two photos I took.  This is looking towards the south.  I believe Green Mountain, Lost Dave's Peak (yours truly) are in the far distance.  Along with Gillette prairie in middle and 1st photo and far right on the 2nd.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

THanks for the fun, had a great time and didn't even fall down!!! You guys wore me out though, I'm just hanging out on the couch the rest of the night. Looking forward to the next time....
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike