Moose Run - Dual Sport Rally - Aug. 3-5, 2012 - Walden, CO

Started by snooker, June 01, 2012, 03:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

I kicked myself all weekend for not taking a day without pay to go. looks like you had a blast!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

snooker

Great pics Jase I'll try to get some up.   
I did the B loop which was an entirely different beast.  Out of 9 hours about 1 was graded county roads, 5 were medium rocky 4WD, 1 was damn rocky 4WD and 2 were single track. 

The most extreme was about 1 hour of very tight single track, all first gear and some clutch slipping stuff, including the infamous Calamity Pass which even though it was a super dry year drought year, had about 3 greasy slimy root filled mudholes and tree roots where you had to paddle through and try to get your spinning wheels over the next root.  It brought back painful memories from riding enduros there, as they have had some national enduros on that very track I was on.   Did NOT like it, mudholes suck and I did not have knobbies on, only the Mefo Explorers but they actually did find and I did not fall down in the mud.  So overall I survived it, it only lasted about 10 minutes and know it feels like I accomplished something I never would have attempted had I known!  :o

As always, each hard singletrack section is an optional side spur so we didn't even HAVE to do it.  The other singletracks were wide and really fun, in the trees, some berms, whoops, man it was awesome!    At 5:30 we were running out of gas to make it back to the gas stop they provide for you, but we didn't run out, and barely made it back to the showers before they closed at 7 at the community pool - they stayed open later just for our group.

There were plenty of KLR's on the B loop and they all made it too, nobody broke down, nobody got hurt - all in all a great time.  I will post some pics when I get time, I promise!

-matt