News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The DRZ looks like a touring bike now!

Started by Hank, September 17, 2008, 01:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toadl

Riding a DRZ across South Dakota can be boring, unless you throw in high winds, rain (especially freezing rain), and maybe a tornado, then it's an advanture.
I highly recommend cutting the cheap Walmart seat in half.  It allows your knees to stay tucked in and out of the wind.
I'm looking forward to June and going to the Fish n' Fry.  Then I can say I'm a real DDSR.
I'm usually wrong

Osnabrock

Over the last year, I've been preparing to set up my DRZ as more of a grocery getter.  I've had Happy Trails hard panniers on my KLR and have been pleased with them. Up 'til now just run very small Wolfman Enduro bags on my DRZ and have also been very happy with them.
This time I wanted to try something a little different.  I've seen a few people using Dirtbagz brand soft bags and thought that something similar would be fun to try.
Over the last year I've come across what I believe is a Suzuki rear rack and the DirtbagZ side "racks" on Craigslist for very reasonable prices.  I haven't yet gotten the Dirtbagz side bags as I'm still in between them and the a Wolfman products.
Today I had the chance to mount them up.
They both went on really easy and, while I purchased them without any of the mounting hardware, a quick trip to the local building supply store was all I needed to mount them.
Here are some photos.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."