News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The DRZ looks like a touring bike now!

Started by Hank, September 17, 2008, 01:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Well, maybe not... but it's better than it was.

The rack is pretty cheese-ball, but it was the best I could do out of crap that was laying around the shop and 2 hours   ;D

loingrader

looks good hank.  i'm bettin that bike will be so comfy, he's not going to want to stop at the hills.  he'll be heading for the coast. 

might be a little different than the vfr he's used to.  we'll see how tough he is.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Dustin

I think it looks even better in person!! Maybe I'll trade Paul!!  ;D

Hank

I stuck a 1" piece of foam underneath the pad now too.. and it's Gold Wing Plush now..   Well except that the wind blows it all over and it's wound out at 70.   And it vibrates alot.  And it has a 2 gallon gas tank.   And there is not much storage.

fringefan

There are guys that would kill for less of a bike.

Osnabrock

Hey Hank,
On the drz touring line........
What windshield did you fit to your DRZ for last years mind numbing trek across the state to the get together?
-John
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Hank

I think it is a National Cycle Deflector.  I had to cut quite a bit off the bottom to make it fit, but it was pretty easy to do.

plumber mike

What bike is that to the left of the XX that needs some clothes?

Hank

That was my XT500 project that I gave up on and parted out!

fringefan

I was wondering if you picked up a old trials bike.

Osnabrock

Thanks for the info on the windscreen.  It may need to be my next project.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Lee Bruns

Hey Hank. I made a mandrel for my bender to bend 5/8 tubing for makeing rear racks. I made a REALLy spiffy one fr a DR350, I'm sure we can make one for your 400 just fine. STop past come summer time and we'll bend one up.

Hank

Thanks man, sounds like a plan.  Although I'm sorta proud of my 15 minute wonder..  well maybe not so much :)

toadl

What a beautiful bike.  I have some Suzuki accessory handguards I can bring to the DDSR to keep the wind off your hands.  The price is right if you don't have anything else.  This is my touring wonder.

Oops.  Wrong picture.  That was my Cruiser.  This is my Goldwing.

I'm usually wrong

Hank

Looking good!  I think mine has been across the state 4 times now.     I'm thinking I might haul it this year.. but we'll see.