News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

South Dakota Tag-o-Rama

Started by plumber mike, December 04, 2009, 11:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumber mike

I've been screwing around on ADV and was looking at tag photos of the Hudson Valley(where I spent my first 18 years)Reminiscing really.
It looks like fun...and a good excuse to ride. Do South Dakotans do anything like that? There seems to be one for all the major metro areas. There was even one for Kansas(just got back from a 1500 mile ride down there)

Should we start a statewide tag game? North and South Dakota?

Whadda you think?

Hank

Sounds fun to me.  I haven't read how it works, but I have a pretty good idea.   I'm in.

Number Two

Alright, you got me...

So how does it work?   ???

plumber mike

I will find out how others do it, but basiclly you have a tag item(marker or other physical item) that gets placed at a location(Corn palace, Mt Rushmore, State capitol and other SD landmarks) A person then rides to location to get said marker, takes it to a new location and takes a picture of there bike at that location along with hints as to where it is. The person who retrieves the tag can take it to a new location and post up where they took it. Some may not have a tag item, however you must take a picture of your bike in the same location as the last person.

It seems like a good excuse to ride to completely random places.

I'll look into the specifics, since I won't be riding anywhere anytime soon. :'(

plumber mike

fringefan

I am game but does a guy have to do it on a bike when it is this cold?  Miss the warm weather already.